Existing Member?

heelspur travels

Venice, Italy 12th-15th May 2008

ITALY | Monday, 12 May 2008 | Views [323]

Hi there from Lovely Venice.

We are trying this site out and not sure what is saving at present! Photos tell the story, we enjoyed the blue skies and the picturesque canals, shopping and eating out (well, while food not good at one place, exceptionaly good at another!).We finished our days with some duty free grog and Italian cheese and crackers, sitting like hoboes down on the canals. We didn't get arrested, we seemed to blend into the scenery!

Sensational Italian deli's, biscuits chocolate shops, hard to resist!

Cheryl and Marcelle also enjoyed a classical strings concert at San Vidale, during the performance they received a message from Val and Nola "urgent, locked out", which they decided they could do nought about. But who would complain about being locked out of home in Venice? A visit to the island of MURANO was memorable for all - we all came away sporting our new funky glass rings(cheap and cheerful), although Val made some  lovely gift purchases as well.

Off to Verona by train early in the morning of the 15th, then overnight in San Marino and finally over the Adriatic Sea to Croatia for our 7 day sail cruise. We received the name of our croatian boat just befoe we left. Its called 'Labrador'. ???? Heaven help us....

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.