Existing Member?

Its Opener There in the Wide Open Air Enjoy our stories, our pictures and our love for life!

Family and The Lake ❤️

CANADA | Tuesday, 30 August 2016 | Views [543]

Ahhh finally a bit of service to tell you what we have been up to!!! A few days of relaxation surrounded by family was in store for us! So despite bad  weather that's exactly what we had! Friday, August 26th we woke up after a long night of rain in Drumheller and it was time to pack up! Many bites later, Megan and Abbey look like they came down with a bad case of the chicken pox and so it was time to give their bodies a rest! Haha We packed up and Abbey had to say goodbye to her new friends she met! A first for me and parenting, they asked if they could keep in contact with Abbey and text her! I truly had no idea what to do! Lol My baby was growing up and how could I say no? Haha so I set up a text app so they could text (they were from Montana so I didn't want it to cost me an arm and a leg) and Abbey was thrilled and of course feeling quite grown up! We said our goodbye to her friends, to the mosquitoes and the dinosaurs and off we headed! We had quite a few hours of driving ahead of us, and then a few extra because of constantly getting lost! Lol We finally arrived in Edmonton to stop by my auntie jacki's to grab the keys to her trailer out at the lake and then off we headed some more! A few hours later, because again, we got so lost (truly had been lost the whole day and thought I might lose it by the end lol) we finally arrived out at North Buck Lake! We were greeted by my Auntie Bev and Uncle Lorne and boy were we glad to finally be at a home base for a couple of nights! Megan met some more of my family and of course everyone loved her! We got set up in the trailer home and went to enjoy some time with family! Our cousins came up and Abbey hit it off with her cousin Cooper so well! She stayed up way too late, but mums had a great time enjoying a few drinks and many laughs!

Saturday, August 27th we woke up! The weather wasn't great but we made the best of it surrounded by family! Way better than being stuck inside a tiny tent hiding from rain and lightening haha! We relaxed while Abbey and Cooper played all day at the playground! It was beautiful! Lol A few golf cart rides made Abbey's day and then she also snuck in a quad ride as well! She was pretty thrilled!! And then another night of hanging out with family was in store and just what the doctor prescribed! 

Sunday, August 28th the weather was cold and miserable and so we hid out inside Auntie Bev's the whole day to stay warm! Literally felt like winter was there! Abbey was seeming like she was going a bit crazy because she wouldn't go out into the cold and her new best friend Cooper had gone home! She was a bit of a lost soul that day but I needed one more day of relaxation so she had to just accept it! I even tried to sneak a nap in! So we finished our evening up with Auntie Bev and Uncle Lorne and then hit the hay! 

And here we are today! Monday, August 29th and we left the Lake and headed to Edmonton! We met up with Aunt Jacki and had dinner and then headed over to see my cousin Mike and Abbey could meet her cousin Masynn again lol They played together which was awesome and we visited with Auntie Jacki and Mike! It was great! A weekend filled with relaxation and family! 

We have officially been on the road for two weeks! So many memories have been made, everyone is still alive  (although Abbey almost didn't make it today LOL) and we are excited for our last week of vacation! Not so many stops because of course we have the big finale event of the wedding this coming weekend! But tomorrow we head out again, and hopefully we will find ourselves somewhere back in BC :) 

Till next time!

Love and Peace 

The3ofUs

Tags: family, memories, road trip, vacation

About 3ofus


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.