Existing Member?

Postcards The incredible adventures of Madame Putrid and Rotten

Europe: London, Paris, Dublin

IRELAND | Wednesday, 7 January 2009 | Views [596]

England saw us through a very Merry Christmas where we were able to meet up with some of my family and our friends, drink wine, eat roast turkey and open Christmas presents at my Aunty and Uncle's manor home in the English countryside.  4 days later we took a flight to Paris, and spent the week eating baguettes, drinking red wine and sightseeing in the bitterly cold weather, gazing out at the snow from our studio apartment in the latin quarter.  We spent new years at a friends apartment, playing guitar and singing and sliding around on the ice rink outside city hall until security kicked everyone off. 

Utterly sick of flying by now on Jan 2 we board a delayed ryan air flight to Dublin arriving at midnight. Someone forgot to unlock the entrance doors so we all stood in line outside for 10 minutes. This is after we have been left out in the freezing cold for 3 hours at the shuttle bus station, despite my best attempts to plead with one of the staff members "but monsieur, its so cold out here".  Less than sympathetic he refrained from placing us in any of the spare seats on the 15 other buses going to the same airport.  It seems french men aren't so easy to charm.  Needless to say, I spent the next 2 days in bed sick and feverish. 

Fortunately we had a friendly Irish taxi driver who called the apartment managers on his mobile for us at 1am to get them to come and let us in to the building once we finally made it there.  Not a bad apartment to veg out in... though totally unaffordable for longer than a week. Of course despite being a little under the weather I have still managed to hit a few irish bars and Luke took a spontaneous flight from London which we followed up with an afternoon at the guiness factory and a night at the bar. 

So now we are madly applying for jobs from the comfort of our apartment.  It's tough times in Ireland on the work front, so watch this space, who knows where we'll be next week. 

 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.