Existing Member?

Postcards The incredible adventures of Madame Putrid and Rotten

Chang Mai, Slip slop slap

THAILAND | Sunday, 5 October 2008 | Views [528]

It's Sunday morning. The tuk tuks are churtling past seeking the interest of hot lazy travellers.  The Chang Mai mafia-our taxi driver from the airport called them.  We have risen from our beds and flip flopped down the stairwell light footed after a 1 hr midnight foot massage. Luke drags his sad tired and grumpy self behind us and we have breakfast in the guest house garden.  I am drinking tea when some movement at my feet catches my eye.  A land tortoise has hopefully stumbled upon us hoping that my toes are cucumber peels.  He realises that he is mistaken and carries on his way.

2 days ago we arrived in Chang Mai.  We had big plans for the week.  The boys were out scouting mopeds for hire and I was back at the guest house when they raced in. Luke was yelping in pain.  His sunburn had worsened drastically in the heat and he lay on the bed for the next few hours screaming and cursing. He said the pain was worse than when he broke his leg and finally we decided he needed a doctor. He had been taking pain killers for the last 4 days but things only got worse for him.  So we ended up in an ambulance to the private hospital where he was given an anti-inflamatory shot and some creams and pain killers for 2nd degree burns covering his back. We couldn't believe sunburn could cause such trauma.  24 hours later he is laying in the guest house on the bed with his back covered in ice.  He has been up all night wailing.  Poor thing.  Matt and I have been out to the night markets and exploring the town a bit and bringing him food and ice back to the room.  Hopefully he will feel better soon. So it's a bit of a dreary blog entry this week, not much to report.  We are uploading some photos at present of our trip though. 

xo

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.