Existing Member?

Bit By Bit Spending some months in Europe. Let's see how it goes... Check ya later, Barry.

It Starts

USA | Saturday, 30 January 2010 | Views [382] | Comments [5]

You could say it started around Thanksgiving, maybe one day we will take the time to post the whole story but now is the time that really matters.

We are sitting on our mattress in the living room in front of the TV, and I am trying to figure out how to type on the shrunken keyboard of our brand new NetBook.  It is a cute little machine, and is already proving its usefulness, but the size difference compared to a regular laptop is an adjustment.

The last of our packing will be done tomorrow, Saturday, the day before we leave on our big trip.  That day being Sunday, January 31st.  The last of our moving things down the three flights of stairs to our apartment, up the stairs to the Parents', and then down their basement stairs to the corner they donated to our cause.

Good times will be had.  We'll be back before you know it.

~leaving the old behind, picking up the new as we go~

Comments

1

So glad to hear that you are safe and beginning your trip! Be blest; much love. :)

  MOM Feb 3, 2010 2:34 AM

2

"~leaving the old behind, picking up the new as we go~"
Sounds like a great lyric a good friend once gave me on a mixed CD. Hope both of your travels go unhindered and your experiences are as transcedent as life itself. Keep in touch and stay safe. Take care and take it easy.
Jeff

  Bumpy Feb 3, 2010 5:03 AM

3

Hello world travlers !! I wish you the best of luck on your journey and may your feet carry you both long distances !! I do understand & feel your pain however on having to move all your belongings up and down so many stairs, but now that you are across the pond I am guessing it was and is all worth it. Love ya be safe !!

  Oldjerry Feb 4, 2010 3:36 AM

4

Following the blog, Be careful, It's a jungle out there. From what I've read, I still like it here. God bless. Paul.

  paul-chris Feb 7, 2010 1:26 AM

5

We are enjoying your updates! Grandpa and Grandma mentioned they are enjoying reading them and I was able to show them some of your pictures (their dial-up just can't handle it!).

Stay safe!

Deb

  Deb Withee Feb 14, 2010 4:48 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.