Existing Member?

Tracy's Journey

A Day in Amsterdam

NETHERLANDS | Thursday, 30 September 2010 | Views [408] | Comments [1]

After 10 ½ hours of flying and about an hour of sleep since Wednesday morning, I went off to explore the city of Amsterdam at 4:00am central time (11:00am Amsterdam).  I took the train into the city centre even though it was dreary & rainy. I was glad I did! It was only misting; kind of reminded me of foggy San Francisco.  I walked around for a bit, up and down the narrow cobblestones streets filled with one pub after another. It all seemed like a maze.  Bicyclists are everywhere. This seems to be the main mode of transportation. I also took a canal cruise. There are over 80 different canals and 2500 houseboats. This is a really cool city! I could stay here a bit longer. Lots of pubs, cafes, cheese shops, & bakeries to check out.

 

Comments

1

I have been in Amsterdam several times and I agree with you.... it is a really cool place.... don't know if anyone told you or not...those houseboats on the canals...they cost anywhere from $200,000 and up...... even though they look like junk....

We will be following you.....
Darwin & Carolyn

  Darwin & Carolyn Oct 13, 2010 11:12 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.