Existing Member?

Travel Scholarships - Travel. Experience. Contribute.

2008 Travel Scholarships - Get ready!

WORLDWIDE | Friday, 1 February 2008 | Views [7461]

 

What are the WorldNomads.com Travel Scholarships?

WorldNomads.com has created the Travel Scholarship program to provide passionate individuals the opportunity to further their skills through professional mentorship in the fields of travel writing, travel photography, video documentary filmmaking or podcasting.

We know that there is no better way than to learn on the job and no more valuable experience when it comes to learning than having a professional in that field guide you. We're absolutely passionate about not only keeping our World Nomads travelling safely, but also about providing opportunities to get the most out of their travel experience. For some, that is a desire to combine their love of travel and a chosen career and we want the Travel Scholarships program to be a stepping stone to achieve that.

The following are the confirmed Scholarships for 2008 and we look forward to your submissions.

 

 

 

Travel Writing Scholarship

SUBMISSIONS OPEN FROM: MARCH 7th 2008

Go on assignment to Sri Lanka in July 2008, to the tsunami devastated coastal village of Kosgoda. Working with the community on various local projects you will uncover a story for your own feature article under mentorship from a top travel writer.

For full details and application form, click here

 

Travel Photography Scholarship

SUBMISSIONS OPEN FROM: APRIL 2008

A photographer's dream come true! Go on assignment In August 2008 with a National Geographic photographer and receive mentorship from the best in the field.

Travel Documentary Scholarship

SUBMISSIONS OPEN FROM: JUNE, 2008

Go on assignment to Rajasthan, India and have your documentary broadcast on Nat Geo Adventure! Joining a World Expeditions community project to restore the local Rajasthan Jambha Village School, you will gain unique access to film and interview the local Rajasthani community and create a documentary under the guidance of film maker Trent O’Donnell.



Make sure you SIGN UP TO THE MAILING LIST to be the first to get the full details.

About scholarships


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.