Existing Member?

Travel Scholarships - Travel. Experience. Contribute.

Travel Film Scholarship 2014 - Mexico

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 17 September 2014 | Views [78547] | Comments [80]

Applications are now closed - best of luck to everyone that applied!

 

Aspiring filmmakers, we want to send you to San Luis Potosi, Mexico to capture ‘Dia de los Muertos’ one of Mexico’s most colourful and celebrated holidays.

Don’t be misled by the name, this ‘spirited’ festival is marked by ceremonies that both honor the dear departed while simultaneously rejoicing in everything living.

On assignment, you will be mentored by veteran filmmaker and director, Brian Rapsey, who will help you hone your craft to become a better storyteller. From your experiences, you will be tasked with producing 4x three-minute travel-themed videos that we will share with the world!

You need to be available to be in Mexico from October 30-November 10, 2014 to participate in the assignment.

 

This is what you could win

For the winning filmmaker(s) the prize will include the following:

  • A 10-day trip to San Luis Potosi, Mexico
  • Round-trip airfare from your country of residence to Mexico
  • Rode Microphones gear: A Video Mic Pro with an XLR adaptor, Smart Lav, Lavalier Mic, plus accessories!
  • 10-day professional mentorship from Brian Rapsey
  • Travel insurance for the duration of the trip from World Nomads

 

What we are looking for

Your entry must be 3 mintues or less. Whether you decide to apply solo or as a team of two, we need to see strong filmmaking and presenting skills. We want to experience a journey with you - the emotions, the moments and the adventures implicit to travel.

Solo Application

You must have solid filmmaking skills, but more importantly, you must shine in front of the camera. We want to be inspired to travel, and to travel with you. The winner will essentially be a one-man show, needing nothing more than a camera and a sense of adventure to unearth a great story.

Andres Brenner

Team Application

We know that some of you are excellent filmmakers, with zero desire to see your face on film. There are others of you out there that are talented in front of the lens, but are hopeless behind it. So, if you decide to apply as a pair, you can be a combination of one filmmaker and one presenter or two people who can use a camera and stand in front of it.

Eeshit Narain and Shriya Pilgaonkar
 
Please note: This is not an opportunity just to bring a friend along for a holiday. If you are applying as a pair, you both must play a role in front or behind the camera (and we must see those roles come through in your application video).

There are plenty of beautiful looking travel videos out there. What we're looking for goes a bit deeper - we want to see the conversations you have with people, hear your personal commentary on things and see the emotions and reactions brought on by your experiences.

In your application video, we should really get a sense of who you are and your personality.

We are looking for someone who is:

  • Comfortable in front of the camera, and sharing your emotions and opinions with the world
  • Engaging and charismatic, the kind of travel companion everyone would like to have (think Natalie Tran or Ian Wright)
  • Curious and inquisitive, interested in the lives of others, and always willing to interact with and learn from the locals
  • Be ready to embrace all opportunities

Our judging panel will be looking for:

It's up to you to convince our judging panel through your video that you (or your team) have the spirit for adventure, on-camera charisma and passion for filmmaking to be chosen for this scholarship. The aim of the scholarship is the give the winner(s) a foot in the door to the travel film industry.

  • The ability to convey a strong narrative within a short time-frame
  • Originality
  • A visually engaging story
  • An entry that demonstrates strong filmmaking skills as well as engaging on-camera talent that shares their thoughts and emotions (you know... someone you would want to travel with, someone who makes you want to go there).

Entries compiled solely of still shots will not be considered, you need to demonstrate your skill with the moving image.

 

Here is how you apply

To apply simply submit your travel themed video and tell us what winning this scholarship will mean to you.

1. Create your travel video

3-minutes maximum in English based around one of the following themes;

Festival

Are you heading to festival soon? Grab your camera and capture what it’s like to be in and amongst it – from preparing for the event to dragging your weary bum back home. Example: Covered in Colour – Holi Festival

Festival Video

Roadtrip

A good old-fashioned roadtrip is the pure definition of adventure. Show us where your escape to the wide-open road takes you, and all of the antics you get up to along the way. Example: 3 Days in 3 Minutes - Batad Sagada

Roadtrip Video

Get Cultured

Explore a new culture or get familiar with a new aspect of your own – film yourself eating guinea pig in Peru, learning to tango in Buenos Aires or following the graffiti trail in Berlin with a local artist. Example: Hot Tubs & Coffee Scrubs – Beyond the Blue Lagoon

Get Cultured Video

Seek Adventure

Whether you are trekking to Annapurna Base Camp, spending the night on a train across India or learning to sail in the San Blas Islands, this is your opportunity to showcase your inner explorer! Example: Sandboarding in Swakopmund

Seek Adventure Video

Local Legend

Do you know someone with a extraordinary story worth sharing with the world? Go find out about their personal journey and explore the essence of what makes them unique and interesting. Example: Rio Favela Community Beats

Local Legend Video
 
Want a bit of advice before you run off and create your film? Check out these helpful tips from Brian, our mentor.
 

2. Upload your video

Go to YouTube or Vimeo to upload your video

3. Complete your application form

One entry per person/team (no longer than 3 minutes, again remember, entries that exceed this will not be considered).

 

FAQ

Below is a list of our most commonly asked questions.

Who can apply?

  • Any non-professionals can apply - this is open to film students, or anyone who's trying to build a career in film making and/or presenting!
  • Minimum age 18 (by application deadline, September 17th) with a current, valid passport and you must be available as per the dates set out. Please note these dates are not changeable in any way.
  •  You may be a resident of any country (subject to obtaining a Mexican visa).
  • You should be a mad-keen auteur with a lust for adventure and burning desire to be a filmmaker and/or presenter.
  • You must be fit and healthy as moderate levels of physical work are involved as well as a number of late nights!

 

Am I considered a professional filmmaker?

This is a grey area, and very tricky to put measures around. We appreciate that the filmmaking and presenting industries are difficult to break into and there are a lucky few who can count themselves as professional full time filmmakers or presenters.

This scholarship is very much about the mentorship opportunity, and the judging panel will be selecting the person or team who they feel will most benefit from the learning opportunity. So if you have already been commissioned to make films or have had your work broadcast on numerous occasions, it is unlikely you will be selected.

You will be asked to outline your experience to date in the submission process, and it will be the judging panel who decides who is most suitable based on their video and written component. So whilst we are not stipulating exactly what does and does not constitute a professional, think about the spirit of the mentorship program and whether you think you would make the most ideal candidate(s).

 

Can I use previous travel footage I have shot?

The travel video may be compiled from previous travel videos you've shot.

 

What will I have to produce from my trip?

Under the mentorship of Brian Rapsey you will shoot 4x three-minute travel videos in Mexico about your experiences. Within two months of your return, you will edit your videos and submit them to World Nomads.

You will also keep a daily diary about your time on the trip and upload this plus pictures you've taken to your World Nomads travel journal.

 

What will the mentorship entail?

Every day on assignment you'll catch up with your mentor Brian to review your footage, discuss your story direction and ply him with your filmmaking questions over a Mezcal or two.

 

How can I prepare for my trip?

Prior to departure, we'll work with the winner(s) to flesh out themes, story lines and potential filming ideas...then we'll let you loose to research and get amongst it!

 

Travel. Learn. Create.

For all of you aspiring creatives, check out our Scholarships page and sign up to hear about our latest opportunities, tipsadvice and interviews with industry professionals in the fields of photography, travel writing and filmmaking.

And if you're lucky enough to be mentored by one of our industry professionals, it could kick start your career!

About WorldNomads.com

WorldNomads.com keeps you travelling safely.  Whether you’re off for a long weekend, looking for the ultimate adventure or living the nomadic dream, you’ll stay safe with Travel Insurance you can buy online, anytime, and the latest travel safety advice. Learn how to flirt in over 25 languages with our free language guides and have an experience of a lifetime on a travel scholarship. We'll also help you share your journey with a free travel blog, get answers from other nomads to all of your travel questions (try the new 'Ask A Nomad' iPad app) and donate to a local community development project through our Footprints program.  

WorldNomads.com - an essential part of every adventurous traveller's journey.

 

Comments

1

Is it possible to submit a film in Portuguese with English subtitles? I live in Brazil and have some amazing material I want to use, but it is all in Portuguese. There is no way I could film it all again in English. Some situations never come back a second time. I could record some parts in English but most of the really interesting scenes are in Portuguese. There is no way around.


Ilka, the presenter needs to speak in English in your film.

  Ilka Westermeyer Aug 14, 2014 11:44 PM

2

I SHOULD BE GLAD TO BE AMONG THE PARTICIPANTS.

  HUSSAINI GARBA MOHAMMED Aug 15, 2014 1:21 AM

3

I would love taking this chance .

  Amr Mahmoud Mohamed Ali Aug 16, 2014 8:24 AM

4

i would love to take this chance and travel to different country and see different culture and people, i dream to be participate in this oppostunity.

  Moahemd Ali Braiek Aug 17, 2014 1:01 AM

5

I would like to travel to Mexico and see what life is like on the borders between Mexico and USA because I really want to film the life between the borders of Mexico and USA


Sonali, this assignment is only in the state of San Luis Potosi.

  Sonali Bhattacharjee Aug 17, 2014 2:12 PM

6

Is it possible for the winner to travel to USA from Mexico on foot or in a plane once the 10 day trip in Mexico is over from 30 October 2014 to 10 November 2014?


Sonali, where the winner travels after the assignment is up to them.

  Sonali Bhattacharjee Aug 17, 2014 3:21 PM

7

Hey everyone! Just got back from Puerto Rico. I was suppose to travel with the Girlfriend and her son to Costa Rica but her son ( a minor) had an expired passport. We found this out at the jet blue desk. Needless to say it was almost impossible to get a passport that day, so we use our airlines credit and flew to Puerto Rico. It was very unplanned but stayed there for 6 days and explored a lot. We still have so much left to do and see there. We are now saving up for a next trip!

  Andrew Planeta Aug 18, 2014 11:53 AM

8

If I am selected to be the scholarship winner for Mexico this year then after 10 November 2014, I plan to fly to Texas, USA from Mexico then from Texas to Florida, USA in time to see 2014's last NASCAR race at Homestead-Miami Speedway and to meet Joey Logano and his fiancee Brittany Baca

  Sonali Bhattacharjee Aug 19, 2014 2:58 PM

9

Hi there,

Can we submit more than one entry?


One entry per person please. - Alicia

  Rox Aug 20, 2014 8:25 PM

10

I would like to know how many persons will be considered to receive the scholarship in total?


1-2 people will win, depending on if they applied solo or as a team. - Alicia

  Matthew O. Aug 20, 2014 10:36 PM

11

Can both people in a team of two be both the presenter and the filmmaker at the same time? For example, my teammate and I take turns to present and shoot.

Or do you prefer to have strictly one presenter and one filmmaker?

Thanks! :-)


You an both be filmmakers and presenters. - Alicia

  Jennifer C. Aug 21, 2014 6:29 PM

12

Hello, quick question, if one is selected for the scholarship will i have to provide my own equipment to document the festivity?, or is gear provided for the trip?, by gear and equipment i mean camera and sound. Thanks so much!.


The winner will receive the Rode equipment, but otherwise will need to bring their own gear. - Alicia

  lalo Dominguez Aug 21, 2014 6:44 PM

13

Hi, I sent an application but didn't get a confirmation message of any sort? Could you confirm it was received please?à

Thanks,

Alex


You can check out the successful applications here: http://adventures.worldnomads.com/scholarships/?m=26 - Alicia

  Alex Carignan Aug 22, 2014 3:39 AM

14

I'm flexible.

  Boaz. M Aug 22, 2014 7:40 PM

15

Will the scholarship winner have an opportunity to try both Mexican and Spanish foods in Mexico?

  Sonali Bhattacharjee Aug 23, 2014 12:39 PM

16

I am an animator and my friend is a filmmaker and we would like to combine our efforts for this travel documentary. Do you accept animated (or partly animated ) documentaries?

Thanks

You may have some animation, but you must have a presenter and still adhere to the brief. - Alicia

  Sophie Aug 23, 2014 8:57 PM

17

I have a question. If one person does the project, wins the scholarship how would they be able to record the life of Mexico when they have to be in front of the camera?

A solo operator can set up the camera and then stand in front of it, or hold the camera and turn it on themselves.- Alicia

  Fabiola Aug 24, 2014 1:37 AM

18

Kia ora
If am presenting in English am I still able to have some parts in another language (not spoken by myself) because my video is based on my culture (Maori) but have subtitles ?

Yes, that is fine. - Alicia

  Ayla Aug 24, 2014 11:57 AM

19

Hi there
I can't find my submitted entry on there- can you explain me why?

There is no record of this email address attempting an application

  Sonali Bhattacharjee Aug 24, 2014 2:00 PM

20

Hi,
Is it possible for a filmmaker to send in two different entries, with different presenters for each?
Thanks!

No, one entry per person please. - Alicia

  Zoe Aug 25, 2014 7:31 PM

21

Hi,

I'm from Mexico, can I participate? Or its only for people from other countries?

Yes, you can enter! - Alicia

  Fernando Méndez Arroyo Aug 26, 2014 9:50 AM

22

Glad to have a chance to enter this exciting competition!

  Mony Aug 26, 2014 11:10 PM

23

Hello! I don't own professional equipment like a DSLR. Is it possible to take the video with a compact camera?

  Ruth Aug 28, 2014 7:17 PM

24

Can you tell me if the background score of the movie has to be copyleft music?
Can we use copyright tracks as it's not going to be used for commercial purposes? I definitely feel that as a filmmaker my creativity is highly enhanced or limited by the choice of my background music and being an indie and amateur albeit passionate :P filmmaker I'd love if the choice of music be not limited to copyleft tracks.

Thanks

P.s. Even Youtube allows copyright tracks to be used as long as one doesn't attempt to monetize the video.

You will need to follow the guidelines outlined by YouTube & Vimeo. If you use copyrighted music, you run the risk of your entire audio track being stripped from your video.

  Aditya Shankar Aug 29, 2014 6:52 AM

25

in the above by movie i meant the movie for the selection process.

  Aditya SHankar Aug 29, 2014 6:53 AM

26

hi i am a film maker can i apply for this scholarship. i didn't done any presentations before had done many travel documentaries can i apply ??

If you are working as a professional filmmaker in any genre, you are ineligible to apply.

  ashwin Aug 29, 2014 8:16 PM

27

Hello
I have sent a entry form to this website for Mexico scholarship application- can you send me a confirmation email about this please?

If your entry is successful, you will automatically receive a confirmation email.

  Sonali Bhattacharjee Aug 31, 2014 3:18 PM

28

Hiya
Can we use photos within the film, or does it all have to be video footage?

Yes, you can. But the majority of your entry should be footage and not stills.

  Charlie Sep 1, 2014 3:16 AM

29

Can we show previous work that is similar with a relevant cover letter as an application?

Josh, you can use previous work as long as it meets the application requirements. We don't need a cover letter, you only need to fill out the application form - Pari

  josh Sep 2, 2014 9:24 AM

30

Have some great material but from a phone. Will it have a chance?

Jasper, have a look at the winning videos of our previous film scholarships and see if your footage compares. Remember, the film needs to have good audio too! - Pari

  Jasper Sep 2, 2014 5:51 PM

31

Hola! Thats an awesome scholarship, thank you guys!

Anyway, my question is can my travel theme be a little bit different than suggested? For example doing a documentary about my hometown?

Hi Luna, you'll need to select a theme to complete your entry. The themes are completely open to interpretation, so be creative! Our judges should be able to identify the theme in your documentary, for example, you could focus on a "local legend" or "festival" celebrated in your hometown. - Pari

  Luna Sep 2, 2014 9:03 PM

32

Do I need to get professional video cam or my tablet pc or mobile camera is enough ?

Hi Sam, please see my response to Jasper (#30) above. - Pari

  Sam Suk Sep 3, 2014 1:36 AM

33

Can we made video in our local language with English Subtitle..??

Karan, the presenter needs to speak in English in your film. We don't mind if you use 'some' translations throughout, but consider it part of the brief to make the submission primarily in English and if you win, your final films as part of the scholarship will need to be shot in English. - Pari

  Karan Sep 3, 2014 2:32 AM

34

Is it necessary to be a participant in the grant to be a volunteer in the Association ???????
Or anyone is possible ????????
What are the conditions for accepting the contestant ?????????
can you give instruction to apply the applecation ??
idont know how ????????????

Lana, please read the FAQ section above for more information on who can apply. You will need to create a World Nomads account and complete the application form to apply. - Pari

  lana Sep 3, 2014 7:03 PM

35

I would like to travel to Mexico becouse I'm from Gaza and I want to change my Psychological condition after the war and i want to try how the life without Conflicts and how people live in the world and discover all things i don't see it before and to make a VIDEO about my happy feeling in mexico >>
Thx and i hope win this traveling ..

  Mahmood Elsaleh Sep 4, 2014 10:02 AM

36

What is the name of the journal is supposed to type it and title i tried to writ it several times but it did not work ?? cold you help me !!

Mohamed, the name of your journal can be anything you like. Just make sure your journal screen name has no spaces in it. - Pari

  Mohamed Salama Sep 4, 2014 1:29 PM

37

I love creativity and photographic and video imaging, because the function of the director Connects information to viewers and bring out the internal energies in humans. My eyes are always camera lens you see and hear and speak with everything, whether animal or human being or inanimate.

Best Regards
Ramy Samy

  tikolatra Sep 4, 2014 10:49 PM

38

You say the video submissions have to be three minutes or less. Does this mean that they have to be 3:00 or below, or can they be 3:59 or below?

Alexander, they must be 3:00 or below. - Pari

  Alexander Whitcombe Sep 6, 2014 4:20 AM

39

Greetings! I just have one quick question in regards to the video my partner and I plan to submit to the contest. We have some music that we are thinking of using throughout our submission video, but the music is copyrighted. For our submission video, do we need to have clearance to use copyrighted music? Or is this not an issue at this stage?

Thanks in advance,

Justin

Hi Justin, please see our response to Aditya (#24) above. - Pari

  Justin Howard Sep 6, 2014 4:55 AM

40

hi are the food costs included

Hi Sharath, yes living expenses will be covered. - Pari

  sharath Sep 8, 2014 10:04 PM

41

Hi, I would really like to do this but I will be 17 during this brilliant opportunity. Am I too young to take part in this? Please say no!


Thankyou for your time :-)

Hi Kieran, you need to be 18 years old by the 17th of September 2014 to be an eligible applicant. If you wont be 18 by then, stay tuned for news on our 2015 Scholarships! - Pari

  kieran Sep 9, 2014 7:48 AM

42

Hi! Question, because apparently I didn't quite understand the rules. I have already submitted my application though the video I posted was my filming trip to Thailand and was done in a music video bit, does that mean my application is ineligible/disqualified because I read that one must speak (in English) inside the presentation.Thanks a lot in advance!

Yes, we're looking for something a bit deeper than beautiful travel shots - we want to see the conversations you have with people, hear your personal commentary on things and see the emotions and reactions brought on by your experiences. If you have further questions regarding your entry contact scholarships@worldnomads.com
Thanks, Pari.

  wanderlustfilmmaker Sep 9, 2014 10:17 PM

43

as we are creating our own background score.....will it carry any advantage

Hi Vivek, please see the "What we are looking for" section above to find the criteria your video will be assessed on. Your video will be judged in its entirety and there will be no specific marks for the background score. - Pari

  vivek Sep 10, 2014 4:14 AM

44

Hey! Just wondering how long we should expect to wait to see if our application is successful? Thank you!

Micheal, the winner will be announced on October 3 - Pari

  Micheal Fleming Sep 10, 2014 9:30 PM

45

When we upload out videos to Youtube. How would we do that? do we just upload the video to our account? then you guys will find it?

Hi Wade, you'll need to upload your video onto your YouTube or Vimeo account, then enter the URL of your video into the application form on this page. - Pari

  Wade Shannah Sep 12, 2014 4:01 AM

46

Hola! May I ask 2 questions?

1) RE: timing. If I include credits (to thank the people I interviewed, permission to use music) can the credits be included as post-3 minute addition to the film?
i.e. can the official entry go for 3 minutes exactly but there be an additional 5 seconds of credits? Many thanks!

2) I would like to use 5 iStockphoto static images for super brief cutaways. Is this allowed?

Many thanks!!

Wendy (who's damn excited about this comp!!)

Wendy, your video needs to finish on the 3 minute mark, including the credits you'd like to add. The upload of your video may add a few seconds to the time, so adjust the edit accordingly.
We're happy for you to use stock photos as long as you have the right to use the images. Looking forward to watching your entry! - Pari

  Wendy John Sep 12, 2014 2:42 PM

47

I want to do this wark...i love it...

  mohammed zabir Sep 13, 2014 2:29 AM

48

Can we have a friend help shoot while we do some hosting, and mix that with footage we shoot? Or as a presenter/videographer do our submissions have to be us turning the camera on ourselves or on a tripod? I want to submit a video that has a friend doing a little bit of shooting when I am in frame, but I am only applying as a single videographer. Thanks!

If you're making a solo application you'll need to take all the shots yourself or use a tripod. If you win as a solo applicant, you need to be comfortable to turn the camera onto yourself, as you wont have anyone to shoot for you at that time.

  Coleman Lowndes Sep 13, 2014 5:13 AM

49

I am trying to submit a film. But when i upload my video URL i get a response like : Your video URL must start with http://... I think it starts with https now. What should i do

Hi Sajeesh, you'll need to remove the "s" from https in your URL. If you do this your link should be accepted - Pari

  Sajeesh Rajendran Sep 14, 2014 3:18 PM

50

Hello! I have just applied for this great opportunity... but haven't received any kind of confirmation message. As soon as I clicked "submit" I was taken back to the create a journal entry section? Would you let me know if you have received my entry? Thank you!!

You can check out the successful applications here: http://adventures.worldnomads.com/scholarships/?m=26

  Cecilia Reed (LadyRock) Sep 14, 2014 8:21 PM

51

Hello ,
I apply to participate on the film making training which has been planned to be held in Mexico. I want to learn how I can make and present attractive films that will benefit Malawi , Africa and world at large. As a film maker and presenter I expect to change Malawi through the skill I will acquire from this training.

  Jack Chimwaza Sep 15, 2014 10:53 PM

52

if we are here in los angeles, will it still be due on wednesday at 2pm? since i noticed "AEST", which is about 17 hours ahead...?

please explain when people in los angeles must submit! thank you!

Hi Shawn, it will be Tuesday, 16 September at 9:00pm for those in Los Angeles, USA. - Pari

  shawn harris Sep 16, 2014 1:38 AM

53

Will I receive an email confirmation when you receive my submission? I didn't get a confirmation page when I clicked submit.

Thanks,
Barry.

Hi Barry, please see our response to Cecelia (#50) above.

  Barry Fahy Sep 16, 2014 3:48 AM

54

How do we confirm our application is sent?

  Joseph S Aklilu Sep 16, 2014 2:06 PM

55

Just went to successful applicants #50 but I didnt see my name or application there when is a good time to stress?

Hi Joseph, you should receive a confirmation email. If you haven't received one, please try applying again.

  Joseph S Aklilu Sep 16, 2014 2:09 PM

56

Hi , I have registered for the short film contest. my username is rexmehta. I have been trying to complete the submission form for last 4 hours. every time i submit , it takes me back to stage 1. Then again I follow the same . still not able to get it through. Please help me out. Thanks

Hi Rex, we've received your entry. You'll be able to view your entry here:
http://journals.worldnomads.com/rexmehta/story/120914/#axzz3DLhd42CS

  REX MEHTA Sep 16, 2014 10:05 PM

57

hey like everyone else I'm stressing now, worked real hard to enter in this competition every couple hours i check to see if I'm on the successful applicants check my email for confirmation entered 4 times and time is running out. I'm starting to feel the pressure, my question is if for some reason our application is not successful will we find out?

  JSA Sep 16, 2014 10:47 PM

58

For Everyone Struggling to submit, I just re-submitted and it went through.

If you are brought back to the Start of the form, there is an error. But it is hidden inside the steps of the form. All my errors were in the video link. but it wasn't obvious until I opened the form again.

If you are successful you will get a message that says

"Thanks for applying!
We will announce the winner on October 3rd, 2014.
Share the Mexico Film Scholarship with your friends"

I also received a confirmation email straight away. I hope this helps the others that are also having difficulty!

All the best,
Barry.

  barryfahy Sep 17, 2014 12:03 AM

59

Movie has to submitted with subtitles or it can be without it?

Hi Karan, if the entire film is clearly and audibly presented in English there is no need for subtitles. If other languages are spoken which are integral to convey the story of the film, subtitles should be considered.

  karan Sep 17, 2014 2:48 AM

60

Hi there. We uploaded our video entry to you tube however when we indicate the URL in our application and submit application, we receive the error message that says 'please enter a valid youTube or vimeo url.' Not sure why this is happening as I have no problem watching the film via my you tube channel. Has this happened to anyone else? How can I resolve this problem. I am currently on the road and have limited internet access (and the application is due tomorrow). Thanks for yout help!

Hi April, thanks for applying. We have received your entry. You'll find it here:
http://journals.worldnomads.com/apriljoy/story/120933/#axzz3DLhd42CS

  apriljoy Sep 17, 2014 4:47 AM

61

Please tell me how long does it take for the video to appear on your website, once the application is submitted?

Thanks for applying, we have received your entry. You can find it here:
http://journals.worldnomads.com/poker-face/story/120935/#axzz3DLhd42CS

  poker-face Sep 17, 2014 5:12 AM

62

Thanks Barry!

and for everyone else stressing like i was, the entry is instant. don't wait try again make sure all fields are correct, and your url for the youtube / vimeo starts with (http://www.)

good luck
JSA

Thanks JSA, we have received your entry, you'll find it here:
http://journals.worldnomads.com/jsa/story/120944/#axzz3DLhd42CS

  jsa Sep 17, 2014 8:53 AM

63

Hi,

I've been trying to submit an entry but it always brings me back to the journal title. Please help?

Please email us with more details at scholarships@worldnomads.com

  Onaiza Drabu Sep 17, 2014 1:42 PM

64

I am trying to upload my application but the entry form is not letting me through

  Mujeeb Afzal Sep 17, 2014 1:57 PM

65

Hi there, same problem as 63, pls help?

Please email us with more details at scholarships@worldnomads.com

  Mujeeb Afzal Sep 17, 2014 1:59 PM

66

I can not access to upload my application form although the time is remaining. Please email us at tienhanh93@gmail.com as soon as possible .
I hope you can help me to finish my application form because I have to spend many things to done this video. And I really want to have a chance to get in this scholarship.

THanks

  Hanh Vu Sep 17, 2014 4:22 PM

67

Cant able to submit the film.... please help...

  Karan Sep 17, 2014 4:32 PM

68

Hi, I sent the application 1h before the entry close, The application I think went through and the screen Thanks for applying pop up. However I didn't recieve any confirmation email. Please help!

  canchu Sep 17, 2014 4:35 PM

69

Hello, I'm not sure my video link was connected right, so I connected It once more and send it in comment. Can someone confirm that everything is ok with my submission?
Thanx a lot. Ivan

Ivan, please email your details to scholarships@worldnomads.com.

  Ivan Sep 17, 2014 5:07 PM

70

Hola,
We sent the application and received 'thank you for applying' message on the scree after submission, but have not received confirmation email.
Please let us know if the application went through.
Thank you.
Pragya

Pragya, please email your details to scholarships@worldnomads.com.

  Pragya Sep 17, 2014 5:21 PM

71

Hi,

Is it still possible to submit a film?
Because on the website it showed that there are still 8 hours left, and now suddenly it shows that it is closed. We just now saw the note about Australian time, we are in Chile...

Please!

  ValleNevado Sep 17, 2014 5:29 PM

72

We have also only just seen about the Australian time!

Is there no way that we could still submit? We have finished our film!!

  Vik Sep 17, 2014 5:38 PM

73

Hello! I'm at Brazil and today as 1am the website showed that there was still 13 hours left and now when i entered it saya that there is no time left! Can i send de application in any other way? Please help.

  Helga Sep 17, 2014 10:17 PM

74

Hi there -
Earlier the website said that applications would close at 2PM Eastern Standard Time. Now they are closed! I want to submit my application. Please help!

  Coleman Lowndes Sep 18, 2014 12:40 AM

75

Hi=) I sent my application in before 12 am EST and received a message saying "thank you for applying...", but I don't see my video on the journal page. Just in case, I sent it to the scholarship e-mail. How can I confirm it was sent in before the due time? Thank you!!

  Lauren Sep 18, 2014 12:42 AM

76

Hello, I am trying to submit my film and application. The main page said three hours left but now it is closed? I registered but now the application page is all out of whack. Very disappointed. I was led to believe I still had time.

  Morgan W Sep 18, 2014 1:05 AM

77

I'm in the same boat as the others! When I submitted yesterday it said that I had 10 hours left. Please consider my video!! I've sent it to you at scholarships@worldnomads.com.

  Sean Sep 18, 2014 1:31 AM

78

Hi Everyone,

We have just realised that we had a technical issue with our countdown clock - it worked to 2pm in each local time zone around the world, instead of just 2pm AEST.

Even though we specified AEST at the top of page and in the T's&C's we realize that you were all looking at the countdown clock as your source of truth.

In trying to make the deadline clearer this year with a countdown clock - it looks like we've caused a bit of panic and frustration.

As a result of our error, we have decided to open up applications for an extra 24 hours from now - they will officially close at 11am AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) on September 19th.

If you would like your entry to be considered, please submit it now: http://scholarships.worldnomads.com/application_form.aspx

Good luck everyone, and apologies again!

Alicia

  scholarships Sep 18, 2014 10:21 AM

79

Hi All,

If you are going to apply now, you'll need to clear your cache.

Try this link (you may need to refresh): http://scholarships.worldnomads.com/application_form.aspx/clearcache

Cheers
Alicia

  scholarships Sep 18, 2014 11:46 AM

80

Thank you for re-opening the application. I just submitted but did not receive a confirmation email. I just want to confirm it was received.

Best!
Ian

  Ian Glass Sep 19, 2014 4:23 AM

About scholarships


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.