Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

Trekking and partying in Pai

THAILAND | Monday, 17 October 2011 | Views [1724] | Comments [3]

Well I think I have finally recovered from my trek -what the hell was I thinking!!!

It was basically 4/5 hours of pure walking up and down mountains and through jungles. It was hard,hard work especially considering it was 30+. Exhausting.

I wasnt even the slowest in the group in fact I was the fastest! Maybe all this cycling is doing me some good! I was on the trek with a nice family from Israel so it was pretty interesting talking to them. We stopped off in a rice paddy field and learnt how rice was harvested etc. The hilltribes basically work 7 days a week and almost all day. They have 6/7 children per family so they can keep working. Haha and I thought Superdrug was hard work!!

I bought a bag or two from the hilltribe as they were a pound each and handmade out of the materials their costumes are made out of. The women are literally in think robes and trousers -they must be so hot but apparently becuase it makes them sweat it cools their bodies down. The guys must only wear green or blue trousers but one of the men was wearing a McDonalds cap so was pretty random! We finished off the day at a waterfall which was stunning. I didnt climb up it as it was about to rain and I didnt fancy climbing back down.

It was a bit of a killer day as when I got back I literally had a quick nap and some food and then headed out to a Thai girls birthday party at a rock n roll bar. I had to walk pretty far to find it so it was a bit of a mission but I dont fancy driving back on a moped after drinking so sticking with walking at night time.

The bar was crazy! People were drinking beer bongs and there was a dwarf guy there that I swear is off the tv. It was a really hippy place and all the Thai people were really quite cool. There is quite alot of people here that seem to get stuck here and end up wearing weird turbans and dreadlocks and its quite funny!

After that I got a ride to a Beatles tribute night which was fun. Got talking to a lady there about dogs suprise suprise and she was trying to set up some sort of charity to help them. She was pretty cool but had half her teeth missing and had been here for like 20 years!!

Hence I move tomorrow before I get stuck here forever and end up toothless in a turban!

I did get my ears pierced again today though on the spur of the moment! They used brand new needles so dont worry Mother!!!

I am going to have a chilled one today and get repacking my rucksack which has become the bane of mty life!! I swear it shrinks each time!

I will be getting the 10 am bus to Chiang Mai tomorrow and I am staying at Mojito house this time as its a bit cheaper than where I stayed before.

Update soon...I will be going to the elephant nature park soon so sure i will have loads to report!

xxxxx

ps -I keep dreaming about tea so I am obviously having withdrawals as its been almost a month now!!

Comments

1

No tea for a month?! eeeeeeek - are you trying to give it up?
Sounds like such an adventure.
LOL- at the mojito house, sounds like my kinda place!

  Kirsty Oct 17, 2011 6:30 PM

2

Not sure that dreadlocks, a turban, and no teeth is quite the right look for you Kerry!! Ha ha... Love the sound of the hippies though!!
Like Kirsty said, I can't believe you've had no tea for a month either - I would definitely be withdrawing!! The very thought of it has made me have to go and put the kettle on!!! I'll have a cuppa for you - Cheers!! xx

  Helen Oct 17, 2011 9:20 PM

3

WHAT NO TEA ! ! ! - I wouldn't be able to survive. Sounds like you are getting really fit with all this walking and climbing - you will be entering marathons at this rate, when you get back. The tribe sounds really interesting, looking forward to your next installment x x x.

  mum Oct 18, 2011 9:56 PM

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.