Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

Breakfast of Champions in Argentina

ARGENTINA | Saturday, 5 January 2008 | Views [2023]

Most hostels here in Argentina promote "breakfast" as a feature to your stay with them, included with the room rate.  We always look forward to breakfast, it's one of our important meals of the day, especially if it's included with the room rate, we figure we've overpaid for food, and need to get our $'s worth, and eat enough so we can make it through the day until dinner.  That's what the backpacker budget has done to us... extend our food resources to last us through the day.  Especially in both Chile and Argentina, many of these little towns are built around tourism industry, and eating out is super pricey, going without lunch helps to keep us within budget.  But our eager eyes and grumbling tummies turn sad here in Argentina.  Breakfast consists of hard tiny stale pieces of bread, kind of like melba toast, along with butter, jam, and dulce de leche.  If we're lucky we'll be offered one "media luna" (croissant) and Nescafe coffee.  So our routine in Argentina now is to have several cups of nescafe, hoping the caffeine curbs our hunger and it will hold us over until shops open up and we make our typical lunch - cheese and salami on bread.  What Argentina lacks in their breakfast of Champions they certainly make up for in their nightly parrillada and fine wines... but a good dinner can't hold one over until the next...

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.