Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 94- San Jose

COSTA RICA | Monday, 1 September 2014 | Views [264]

Another lazy morning at El Gigante. Refreshing morning dip followed by awesome breakfast burrito & espresso.

We decided to say goodbye to paradise & head to Rivas so I could head to Costa Rica and Yusuf could get back to Managua. Hoping to get away by 10am we were still waiting for a taxi at 1pm. We finally got to Rivas around 2pm & then I ended up getting a taxi to the border so I could get the 3.30pm bus and at least get to San Jose by 10pm. Only cost me $7 so that wasn't devastating and was way faster.

The border crossing was confusing and freaking hot but I made it through fine and got the 3.30 bus with a minute to spare!

Snoozed most of the 7 hours to San Jose & then had to fight with my taxi driver at the bus station to take me to the hostel I booked which he said was in a really dangerous place (the middle of town) but got there in the end too. I sincerely doubt it was more dangerous than anywhere else I've been but at 10pm at night when you're on your own & your Spanglish is even worse than normal it's best to take notice of such advice.

 

 

 

 

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.