Existing Member?

Josh and Shona's Excellent Adventure

Portland and seattle

USA | Friday, 29 May 2009 | Views [404]

PORTLAND


We arrived in portland of an overnight train from san fran. the train trip was fantastic and we both really enjoyed it.  but we arrived to rain and what was suspose to be rain for the next 3 days.

luckly when we woke up the next morning the sun was shining and all was good.  we spent that day around the city and parks just having a general look around.  was a lovely city with a nice atomosphere. (joshua was sick so not much beer drinking at all the micro brewerys)

the next day we hired a car and went on a day trip to the columbia river gorge.  we drove along the historic highway which was beaufitful and stopped of at some waterfalls along the way. then drove further up the river, had a picnic lunch, crossed the river onto the washington state side and drove back to portland.

the next morning we had a bus ride to seattle. we filled up the car before returning it, to which we found out the in oregon state it is illegal to fill your own car with petrol.  Why we dont know, stupid and strange yes.

SEATTLE

we arrived in seattle for some great weather, and yes it did rain, but only once.  diffently one of my favourite citys.  we walked round pike street market, caught a ferry across to one of the island's, went up the sky needle, on the mono rail, did an underground tour, (seattle had a huge fire early last centry and just built overtop of it all, so we walked around the sidewalks 1 story below.)had a lot of beer at the pub that nervana played at.


all in all a great end to our usa part of our trip.

josh and shona on ferry to island half an hour from seattle

josh and shona on ferry to island half an hour from seattle

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.