Existing Member?

Retired and Loving It

Los Angeles: City of the Stars

USA | Sunday, 29 April 2012 | Views [596]

We had both read the guidebook so what do you think we did ………………………..

Diana thinks:  Santa Monica, Malibu, oooh yes Rodeo Drive’s a must, Wilshire Boulevard, Hollywood Sign, Walk of Fame, Beverly Hills, homes of the stars [must get the map], Macy’s, Bloomingdales ……  Fantastic place to eat called Craft discovered through Trip Adviser…...

Malcolm thinks:  Peterson Automotive Museum looks great [lots of cars and motorcycles], need a cooler box for the car so need to find camping shop, wonder what the supermarkets are like for picnic shopping …….

REALITY

Driving the ‘Freeways’ proved exciting, missed several exits but everyone on the road extremely polite!  Couldn’t have done without the Sat Nav; thank goodness we took it with us and got it updated to include the states we would be touring through.

Diana’s choice first day: Enjoyed Santa Monica and watching the surfers waiting to catch waves in Malibu, stars homes in Beverly Hills were amazing, some outlandish and others very classy; loved George Cluny’s and Will Smith’s, both elegantly classic. The Beckham’s, Brad and Angelina, Eddie Murphy, Madonna and many others were amazingly ostentatious and not to our taste.

Malc’s choice second day:  Motor Museum was closed for an exposition, we were moved on by a ‘very nice’ parking warden, [everyone is so polite here] walked three miles to find the nearest shopping centre [ooops Mall] following Malc’s directions only to discover it was about 25 minutes’ walk away from the hotel. 

What a day!  Still we could see the Hollywood sign when the smog lifted  from our room in the hotel  - located on the Avenue of the Stars - a great corner room with triple aspect through floor to ceiling windows and splendid balcony [thanks Sarah], had the most amazing meal at Craft with a surprise drink of sparkling wine courtesy of the concierge at our hotel and were delivered and returned in style by the house limousine a sleek, black hybrid [therefore quiet] Mercedes.  Diana’s legs not long enough to exit the care gracefully like a Royal, tried but failed miserably.

Enjoy the photographs.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.