Existing Member?

the trip

San Fransisco

USA | Wednesday, 3 June 2009 | Views [507]

Entering San Fran i was suprised by the amount of smog, then again the weather wasn't that good so...

Also, not sure if people know about the car pools, maybe im an idiot, but its a lane on the highway where if you have 3 or more people in the car you get to go in this lane where there is no traffic. Genius! Also skipped the toll in.

The hostel was shockingly cheap, and we met this awesome old hippy guy that owns the hostel and he had a parking spot for us where its one of the only places in town that you dont have to pay, so we saved alot, the Aussies loved it.

So all was good, we were on the sleezyest street in town, where we did our first night out, James got harrased by these two old ladies, was brilliant, he looked so worried. We ended up at a house party that night.

Next day just walked around alot, saw china town, biggest in the world, and also the place where the hippy movement began 'stanton', cool place.

Last day was a big party for me and James, but Pat got sick, shame, he was really sick infact and that lasted a few days.

Me and James went on a bender and by the time we got back it was light out, met a load of people and had a great time back at the hostel, involved a sauna with some red wine at 6 am.

Next day hurt some thing terrible, also found out they messed up our bill and we owed money, to which the Aussies protested and got us off the hook, good lads!

Liked san fran, Pat had enough, but James loved it, ate his money though, had to stop him buying a stupid hat he loved.

also bumped into a girl from work, what are the chances?!

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.