Existing Member?

avant-garde_chauvintist wandering through the garden of ideals

One night in Ho Chi Minh City

CAMBODIA | Monday, 4 August 2008 | Views [694]

I arrived in some random part of HCMC around 1pm. Motorbike drivers were everywhere wanting to take me somewhere.  I went straight into a hotel, asked for a map, and my location on that map.  Then, I found an ATM.  Absolutely famished, I went to the first place with pho on the menu.  I settled in to study the map and get some energy.

With the map and handy highlighted street, I realized I was only one block from the backpacker district.  Much like Khao San Road in Bangkok, there are guesthouses and restaurants everywhere.  I found a place for $3, met a Chinese girl, and went for a walk.

Still hungry, I decided to abuse the indelible mark of the French by eating at a cafe.  In the middle of a cup of coffee, I realized I was absolutely exhausted.  I went back to take a nap.

I was woken by some English and Irish accents.  Two other girl solo travelers were chatting about...traveling. I joined in.  We decided to get dinner and drinks together.

A decent Vietnamese meal was followed by a Vietnamese rum and coke.

At a random bar in HCMC, I was stopped by a guy on the way to the bathroom by a guy I'd met in Cambodia.  I then realized that I knew three different people in the bar from different parts of my travels. 

I went to bed shortly after catching up.

Tags: ho chi minh city, remeeting new friends, vietnam

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.