Existing Member?

Cowboys, Canadians & Crazy American Children

Heading South Again...

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 31 March 2009 | Views [494]

My weekly update...

Tonight is my last night in Montana and I'm sad! It has been so great up here that Im not sure I want to leave yet. This past week has been full of sight-seeing (Yellowstone NP, Bozeman, Virginia City, Big Sky, Missoula), animal-sightings (moose, antelope, byson, grizzlys, wolves & gophers), partying and lots and lots of snow!

I drove myself over to Yellowstone on thursday last week through the snow (6 degrees F at one point...) and although the park was shut for the winter and I didn't get to see any yellow stones, I still saw some spectacular views including frozen lakes and snow-capped mountains galore.

From there I drove over to the uni town, Bozeman to stay with Jaime for the night. We had a great time - started at the uni bar and finished by drinking, dancing and singing karaoke at one of the bars in town. Lots of fun! I even drove a pick-up! We were a little slow the next day but Lindsey & I wandered around Bozeman before heading back to Sheridan.

Since then there has been a lot of snow... Sunday was a white out (my first blizzard) which made feeding the cows really really fun! Today we jumped on the horses in the snow (another first) but with the sun finally shining it was a beautiful ride...

So tomorrow I am jumping on a bus and making my way to Salt Lake City to explore until Thursday when Im jumping on a plane and heading South chasing some warmth...

Will try to keep up the weekly updates,

Z

 

About zoe_wilson2


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.