Existing Member?

Cowboys, Canadians & Crazy American Children

Santa Barbara and getting here...

USA | Thursday, 12 March 2009 | Views [469]

Santa Barbara Beach

Santa Barbara Beach

Hi All,

First entry hmmm... Thanks to the Swedes I am trying this blog thing - forgive me for my lack of creative and technical writing skills (Lil, maybe you can fix it after Im done???)

The trip so far: one word - LONG!!!! 3 hours to Auckland then a good 6 hours at Auckland airport followed by a 12 hour flight to LA (complete with snoring man and screaming baby...). Next up, a bus to LA station with a 3 hour wait until the 2 1/2 hour train to Santa Barbara where I FINALLY met my cousin!

Highlights so far:

* Palm trees!

* Attempting to order coffee (have managed an iced mocha and a hot mocha with a shite load of cream)

* Bagels! Yes - the diet is over!

* Chatting to a man in LA about how is the 600m record holder for the US (he really didn't look like a runner.... and 600m???)

* Going to college with Han including a kickboxing class with her basketball coach - it really is like the movies!  

At the moment Im sitting in my cousin Hannah's living room with her million roommates (more than Mallett St!). We're heading out tonight but cos all of these guys are under 21 we have to go to an over 18s clubs - I do not miss being under age AT ALL. Hannah is trying to find me some friends that are 21 so I can actually drink with someone!

I have taken some photos but not worked out how to put them on here yet but I will in good time...

Missing you all - keep in touch ok! Will keep updating you all on where Im at and what Im up to...

Big love,

Z

 

About zoe_wilson2


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.