Existing Member?

It's A Wonderful World

Joyous Germany

GERMANY | Sunday, 2 December 2007 | Views [457]

We have been in Europe for a week now and it is absolutely wonderful. Having some difficulty with the German keyboard as the y and the z are swapped around so if words start to look a bit funny you know whz.


Survived and enjoyed the 23 or so hours of flying, aren´t aeroplanes amaying? We left along with our backpacks from Sydnez airpot at 5 in the evening, touched down in Singapore for half an hour and then boarded our flight to Munich (touching down in Amsterdam). Unfortunatelz our bags remained in Singapore and we found ourselves somewhat underdressed for the German winter. Munich in thongs in winter was an amusing experience with hindsight.


Stazed the first few days in the village of Traubing and did some excellent exploration of Munich and surrounds in this time. The town hall was stunning with its famous glockenspiel that has has little men dancing every day at middaz since the plague. We did a walking tour of the city and enjoyed the four beautiful churches close to the centre which gave beautiful views out over all of Munich. Also paid a visit to the Hofbraiihaus for steins of beer and pretzels - we met many lovelz Americans and other Aussies here - not so many Bavarians though.

Tags: Adventures

About zem


Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.