Existing Member?

It's A Wonderful World

Pre-Departure Excitement

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 22 November 2007 | Views [508] | Comments [1]

Hello, if I have told you about his blog you have probably had some impact on my life which has made me want to share my first travelling adventures with you.  I hope that you will enjoy reading about them and looking at my photos if I ever work out how to upload them.  If I haven't told you about this blog and you are reading it anyway and you don't know me that's kind of weird... but no biggie, the world is a weird place.

Today is Thursday November 22nd (only just though) and in about 40 hours Kate and I will begin an entire day of sitting in wonderful little seats, watching exciting new movies, having fascinating conversations with strangers around us, eating food out of foil packets and seeing nothing but stars out the window for hours and hours and hours!  Kate promises I will be sick of flying before we get to Singapore (she has done these international flights before) but I love planes and plan to sing the whole way, especially during all the magnificent turbulence (fingers crossed we get lots), ascents and descents.  Ohh what fun!

It has been a busy few days organising everything but now preparations seem relatively under control with the essential woolen socks, dental floss and garbage bags (for waterproofing packs) purchased and stowed... well purchased anyway, packing begins in earnest tomorrow.

We have been planning this trip for the better part of the year and have hypothesised a marvellous itinerary.  The plan is to experience as much as we can, taking millions of photos and (yes Mum) sending almost as many postcards.  I don't know how often I will be able to update this journal (due to computer access in various places) but I think at least one entry per country should be manageable, hopefully more.

Off I go now to photocopy passports and email everyone I have ever met from another continent.  I hope you are having a fabulous time and I look forward to recounting the first stage of the journey. xoxo

Tags: The Planning Phase

Comments

1

Zemma!!!!
Hope you are having a wonderfully amazing trip!! Hopefully you have not updated this blog because you are too busy experiencing Europe instead of sitting at a fusty computer :) I have booked you up for the SIGN program (hopefully you're back in time for the training, but if you're not you are welcome to share my protege) And I am just about to start typing Joe's jokes. Hope Europe is all that you imagined it to be and more, lots of love and a big hug to Kate, Inca xoxo

  Inca Hutchinson Nov 29, 2007 6:59 PM

About zem


Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.