Existing Member?

Red Shoe Diary

week 2 begins

ECUADOR | Wednesday, 19 October 2011 | Views [313]

I'm not quite sure how to interpret our forceful ejection by a teacher of 2 hours; sheer despair at our woeful performance with verbs; an instant dislike for our totally unplanned and unfortunately matching tops? But, it happened. We had 2 hours with the rather severe Yolanda and when we returned from the much needed coffee break she informed us that we were moving to another teacher, the somewhat bemused Lidia. Having the razor sharp instincts of Poirot on the case, we noted that Lidia seemed totally unprepared for our arrival - she did not have a classroom; she did not have any papers; and rather tellingly she started with a lot of questions and then a lot more questions.  Not having the spanish for lime stone outcrops, my attempt to describe the highlights of travelling in China was somewhat rocky (pardon the pun), but she persevered leaving Richito to struggle with the deserts of Egypt and ancient civilisations!

Today, Lidia was prepared and she came back with avengence; irregular verbs classification 1 and 2.  Does all this stuff really exist in English? The spanish have a verb for dead - when the hell do you say I am dead? we are dead? Do I really need to know this to get a bus to Buenos Aires? So, just the 32 irregular verbs to conquer and then a family birthday party, as its mama's birthday, so lots of excited latin americans expecting me to understand them speaking - think I've just answered my own question with that death verb.


About zapatosrojos


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.