Existing Member?

Footloose and fancy free Starting the OE with a 4week Intrepid Journey through Thailand. Yay.

Bratislava

SLOVAKIA | Wednesday, 7 September 2011 | Views [195]

We arrived in Bratislava via the boat from Vienna and immediately got lost. Not helped by the fact the directions assumed that you arrived via train or plane. Though we eventually managed to find a tram point and located the hostel. Braislava is quite small and shabby though I'm sure quite pretty had the sun been out and if everything wasnt covered in scaffolding. Though it did have charm.

We only stayed in the city overnight which was enough to see the old section. The Bratislava Castle has been reconstructed but I cant say I am a fan of the extensive whitewashing and plastering over the old stone. Looks like a regular chateau. The Blue church is amazing and completely unexpected. And an easy walk.


For local cuisine the Prasna Basta was scrummy though a little hard to find but well worth the effort.

Bratislava was never on my list of places to go but I am glad we did as getting lost in the back streets was seriously fun.

About yesacewol

Taupo Bungy, Soo scary but lots of fun

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Slovakia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.