Existing Member?

Footloose and fancy free Starting the OE with a 4week Intrepid Journey through Thailand. Yay.

Vienna

AUSTRIA | Saturday, 3 September 2011 | Views [273]

Well the start of this trip began in Vienna late summer. Prior to meeting my mate I attended the Spanish Riding Schools morning performance which see Lipazzaner Stallions performing to classical viennese music. Sounds a bit lame but it was well worth it as it has been a riding school for 450 years and is housed in a purpose built building that is a couple hundred years old. Standing seats can be fairly cheap.
Upon meeting my friend we proceeded to make our own walking tour throughout the city though when it came time to find an open pub on a Sunday it required a bit of effort.
The main cathedral Stephamsdom is a gothic affair that is well worth the climb into the tower or descending into the catacombs below where the mass graves of the plague victims can been seen.
Our short trip to Vienna was lovely and making our own walking tour we did discover some little gems. And it is fairly flat so made easy going which was fortunate as it was over 29oC while we were there. But easy to get turned around in some of the back streets.

 

About yesacewol

Taupo Bungy, Soo scary but lots of fun

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.