Existing Member?

Sweet as Bro... "Sweet as": Second most common phrase in New Zealand after "awesome". Said when someting is rather good instead of just "good" or "OK". Often followed by "bro".

2 girls plus 2 backpacks minus a plan going around the south island

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 19 April 2008 | Views [906]

ok, just quickly: i am on the south island right now, and it's awesome! jenny and i took the nightbus to wellington on sunday, crossed the cook strait on monday together with a bunch of cattle and then hitched (sorry, parents...) from picton to dunedin in two days, staying overnight in a backpackers in kaikoura. we had awesome rides, meeting interesting people on the way. best experience: a truck-driver, who we talked into taking us with him, nathan "nugget", loves drum and bass and polishes his truck every saturday for 8 hours. nice guy. ehenever we get stuck somewhere in nz we can call him and he gets us a truck nearby to pick us up ;-)

in dunedin (awesome town, prettiest i've seen so far) we stayed at dave's, a friendfrom uni. we watched albatrosses and penguins and sealions, then went to queenstown together. queenstown was quite an experience, 2 of our friends got beaten up by some guys, just for the sake of it. cops, drunken people, blood, two german girls going hysteric, just great. but, nobody seriously hurt, it was aweful enough.

jenny and i rented a car in queenstown, a nissan bluebird that we called hugo. nice guy, took us to wanaka and now to the glaciers. we slept in the car, to save money, but jenny was freezing the whole night. i wasn't, so i might do it again and then sneek into the hostels with jenny to get my showers. actually, right now i am in a backpackers, but i paid for a bed ;-)

it's just soooo expensive, my money is just blowing out of my hands! nevertheless, it's worth every cent. nature is breathtaking, i don't know how to describe it. i am taking tons of pictures, so i'll share that with you guys when i'm back in hamilton.

would love to hear from you all, hows everything going?

time's running out, so, bye!

Tags: friends, travel

About xocolata


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.