Existing Member?

IndonesianBackpakers

5 Things You Must Do In Jakarta

INDONESIA | Monday, 22 August 2011 | Views [2883]

1. Old City Tour 

Jakarta is a harbor city since 484 years ago and already changes it names with Fatahilah or Jayakarta until the last one Jakarta. Many old building's that work as the silent witness for the development Jakarta. Most of this building is influence by European Culture (Nedherlands and British) like Mandiri and Fatahilah Museum), Asian Culture (China and India) like Old China City Building. You can learn the history of early Jakarta in this old city of North Jakarta district.

2. The Foods

Many varieties food in Jakarta from oriental, middle east, European and traditional food of Indonesia. The oriental like china food you mostly found at the old china city of Jakarta, you can found from pork, lizard, snake until fish cuisine at this place. Seafood is one of main cuisine in Jakarta since Jakarta is a harbor town. The traditional Indonesian food like nasi uduk, nasi padang you can found it at many places around Jakarta

3. The House of Worship

Indonesia is one of the most many religious view holders in the world. Jakarta is an urban town because of that people who come to Jakarta also bring their religion view. They build the house of worship to do the ceremony of their religion. You can found Katedral or Immanuel Church for Christian Catholic religion with the 19th century European Architecture. Istiqal Mosque for the biggest Islam religious country in the world with modern architecture. Or the Kelenteng for Confucius religious at old china town with oriental architecture even you can do fortune telling at that place.

4.Car Free Day

If You want stay fit when you do traveling, the best time to do sport is at car free day that twice a month happen in Jakarta. The place is at the main road of Jakarta like Sudirman and Thamrin. People do sport's like walking, cycling, running with the view of morning Jakarta with many tall building's.

5. Shopping

Jakarta is city with the most many malls (shopping center) in the world. You can find many things from cheapest one in the traditional market's, usually at this place you must do bid to get the better price. Until the expensive one in the high class modern market's with fix price. 

Tags: house of worship, old city, oriental, shopping.

About worldjourney


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.