Existing Member?

The exciting adventures of wonderbunny

Leaving New Zealand

NEW ZEALAND | Sunday, 1 August 2010 | Views [353]

So I've come to the end of the New Zealand adventure. Good god. It started out so tame, with bus trips and scenery. Then it seems the lower down the southern island I got the more drinking, dancing and crazy behaviour ensued. I'd like to blame it on friends, say they made me do it - but I'd be lying.

Queenstown - true to the rumours - is party town. I did find some time in my week there to go up the gondola, ride the luge and partake in some frisbee golf (I was terrible). The rest of the time I was either partying in one of the MANY bars (oh the choice), or being cosy on the sofas by the fire.

The hostel there was the best I've stayed in, and became kind of like home. Put that together with an amazing group of people and you've got a really difficult goodbye when everyone goes seperate ways...

It really is true however, that the south island far outshines the north in terms of scenery. No words will ever be adequate to describe how vistas like that look or how they make you feel - it really is something you have to just sit and take in. Even driving along on the bus my nose was against the glass, and the words wow and amazing (tho said a lot) never did any of the views justice.

So today the adventure continues! Off to Oz, and new land, a new adventure, and some new crazy friends to share it all with.

:)

 

About wonderbunny

Highway 1 on the way to LA

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.