Existing Member?

William's Walk The Great Walk on the Great Wall of China is fantastic. As the son of a cancer victim, I take great pleasure doing my share towards fighting cancer. Walking on the Great Walk is so challenging, but I will beat it, just like we’re going to beat cancer…

PLA SoIdier Crying Out: Just Let Me Save One More Child

CHINA | Thursday, 15 May 2008 | Views [689]

Helicopter Arrived

Helicopter Arrived

The Official number of casualty is more than 15,000 today, with the injured more than 120,000.

As there are still quakes from time to time, the rescue can't work at full speed. Roads to the rural moutain villages are still being repaired, and telecommunication is still not fully recovered.

Military troops have tried different ways to enter the epicenter by  speed boats along the waterway, by pedestrianizing, by helicopter, by parachuting etc. Today, all of the villages within the epicenter are reached with rescue team.

However, because of the roads are damaged, heavy cranes and couldn't enter those deep area in the mountains, there were still vast people waiting for rescue inside.

As the small quakes are still happening, some collapsed walls sometimes collapse a second time. One PLA solider who is rescuing some children buried under the crashed walls, is dragged away from the site because the supportings are shaking to have a second collapse. He doesn't care about his own safety but crys out "Just let me save one more child, don't pull me out..." Just after he is out, the wall collapses...

From time to time, tears are falling off my cheek; I just can't help it. I see donation boxes everywhere in the community, I go to do my share. I also go to the blood-collecting vans to donate my tube of blood to the injured...

Can tomorrow be better?

Tags: china earthquake

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.