Existing Member?

World Wanderers! Thailand-Vietnam-Cambodia-Laos-Singapore-Australia-New Zealand-Argentina-Brazil

The Sun is shining, the weather is sweet yeah!

VIETNAM | Saturday, 23 January 2010 | Views [381]

Wow, what a place this is! They say, It's what Phuket, Thailand woudl be like if it hadn't been taken over by tourists! Pure white sand, Turquoise sea and miles and miles of beach, surrounded only by beach hts and palm trees!

We have decided that we are going to do absolutely nothing while we are here! Going to relax, swim, sleep, eat, drink and snorkel!

Had a crazy few days in Saigon, a fab place with loads to do! Saw the Cu Chu tunnels; an underground tunnel system that The Vietnamese build and lived in during the war. Steve went down into them, crawled about 15mins on his hands and knees to get out again! I wouldnt dare! HORRIBLE! Hard to beleive people spent years living in these conditions to stay away from the American bombers! There was even a hospital and a 'marital room'!

Just sitting in cafe at our hotel, admiring the view of the sea! This is a beautiful place! Woudl be great for a holiday. We may come back! Wish we had longer!

Off to sit on my beach bed and not move for hours! xxx

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.