Existing Member?

Passionate film maker

all walks of life, anti niknomination

SOUTH AFRICA | Monday, 7 September 2015 | Views [215]

The idea is that, the guy who stands with a sign that reads "5 kids no job, need money for food ect" is really common here in South Africa. Most of these individuals are alcoholics and drug addicts which I'm sure is the case in most parts of the world. Anyhow, so went and found such a guy which we knew of in Roly's area of Cape Town, who from my judge of appearance, leather skin and glazed eyes as well as what we knew of him (victor). we swopped the signs as you see in the clip.  It's riddled with irony, and truth and honesty. Stand there with a sign that says the truth and people will respond, even if it's an ugly truth, and in this case people responded generously and if someone is going to abuse there body with alcohol, I'll at least support someone who appreciated it. Who knows what he did with the money, surely not the usual and head on down to the bottle store or "shabeen" he was pissed enough as is and from what he's eyes told me, was truly grateful. Anyhow I hope that adds more justification.

Bare in mined its filmed off my phone.

All the best

About westley28


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.