Existing Member?

Vietnam 2012 Look once, look twice, look three times, pray and cross the street.

19th June - Dalat

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 19 June 2012 | Views [395]

After breakfast we headed to the Dalat Train Station which was built in 1932 but is has not functioned as a mode of transport since the end of the Vietnamese War. In 1997 they re-established a tourist link to Trai Mat Village where the Linh Phuoc Pagoda is. We took the train and visited the pagoda's which are very tall and we climbed to the top and the view was spectacular.Once back in Dalat we went to the Dalat Flower Garden that was established by the government in 1966 and covers many hectares. It had spectacular orchids, fuchsias,  hydrangeas, salvias, and many other varieties. After lunch we wondered into the city centre and walked around looking for another North Face Jacket but due to all the rain couln't find one that was suitable as they had all been sold. Looked around many streets and finally Kevin found another bakery where he got a snack. Tea again at Peace restuarant where we met a girl from Holland who is travelling around for 3 months during Uni break. Very interesting where she has been and where she is going. Handed back our motor bike. Bed early as we head off for Nha Trang on the local bus in the morning.

About wendy-kevin


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.