Existing Member?

Vietnam 2012 Look once, look twice, look three times, pray and cross the street.

12 June - Travel Day

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 12 June 2012 | Views [259]

Our chaffeur Colin Hall arrived promptly at 6.15am to pick us up for delivery to the airport. Having already printed our boarding passes we were able to jump the front of the line and save time. Flight to KL was 7 1/2 hours and we were able to watch a couple of movies. Stop in KL was a bit too long. Airport very large and unfortunately the air conditioning wasn't that flash in H2 terminal. We had to catch a train from one terminal to the other. Duty free shopping in KL was very poor. No Southern Comfort, no brandy, no midori. Ended up with Baccadi for Kevin and Irish Mist for myself. Arrived in HCMC at 6.30 pm local time which is 9.00 pm SA time. Quick trip to the hotel and on checking in we headed out into backpackers Bui Vein St. Pleasant night as a slight breeze present. Temp 33 C. Arranged for a portrait to be painted for US45 and then joined the locals and tourists sitting along the footpaths for a couple of Siagon Beers for 0.50 cents each. Talked with a young girl from Sydney who is living over here and teaching English at primary school. She says it is very easy to get a job here teaching english and that you do not even need teaching degree. Andrew Flavel gave us a call at 10 pm to say hi and to arrange to meet tomorrow before he and Thuy fly home with Thuy's mum. Thuy is 35 weeks pregnant. Street noise in this backpackers area was consistent until about 3 am.

About wendy-kevin


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.