Existing Member?

Beaches and Elephants

Finally Updating!

THAILAND | Friday, 20 July 2007 | Views [788] | Comments [1]

Sorry it has been so long!  Internet cafes here are slow and expensive... i'm trying to upload photos, but it isn't working... grrrr.. sorry!

so alot has been going on here, and some plans have changed.  I didn't want to update until i had a better idea of a plan.  I spent a few days on the islands of Phuket, Phi Phi, and Krabi. (which were beautiful) I layed on beaches, saw tsunami damage, got offered a joint by
"Captain Max Sparrow,"  lol... and speed-kayaked with monkeys! Pictures coming soon!

Anyway, the main thing i want to post about today is asking you all to pray for Jason's mom, Kathy.  She found out about a week ago that she has a tumor on her liver.  Please pray for her and her family, especially Jason.  He hates not being able to do anything to help and is on the other side of the world from his mom right now.  He was travelling in Cambodia as I mentioned before, but I asked him to come to Thailand with me while w work out what to do and how and when to get back home.  His mom's biopsy is scheduled for the 24th and Jason and I are trying to get a flight back around that time.  

So anyway, I know God is taking care of Kathy and her family, but it is still a scary time.   

Jason and I are on Koh Tao right now, and I just finished my SSI Open Water Diving course!  I'm a licenced SCUBA diver!  I hated it the first day... i mean seriously hated it... but thank goodness for my pride that wouldn't let me quit, because i have liked it more with each dive, and jason and i are going on a 'fun dive' tomorrow where we will hopefully see some sharks!  yikes! 

we will be going to koh phangan in a couple of days and waiting there until we can get a flight home.

i am sooo ready to get home!  i have had an amazing trip.  really really more than i could have imagined.  i have done what i set out to do, have gotten to experience 2 foreign cultures (Thai culture, and backpacker culture!) and have tons of opportunity to talk to other travellers about my faith in Jesus. 

i think everyone should backpack thailand!  we see families all over the place! 

Nate - i wish mom and dad would have let you come!  you'd love it here!

Thanks again, everyone, for all of your prayers.  God is sooo good.

Please keep praying for Natalie H.  She is leaving soon and has some big decisions to make. 

Please keep praying for me and Jason while we try to get some changes made.

And most of all, PLEASE pray for Kathy.  Pray that the tumor will disappear, or be benign.  And for strenght and comfort right now.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

We are so proud of you, Natalie! God is doing great things in your life. Your adventure is amazing and I'm sure you will treasure it for a lifetime. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Praying for your safe return and for all those whom you love.

  Lisa Wagner Jul 20, 2007 10:20 PM

About webbnat


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.