Existing Member?

Beaches and Elephants

First Few days!

THAILAND | Wednesday, 4 July 2007 | Views [919] | Comments [4]

okay, sorry sorry sorry, i haven't been able to post.  i'm having a GREAT time, but i miss all of you!  thank you for all of the prayers!  i have an amazing travel buddy, Natalie Hemraj, from Canada who is soooo fun!  we are like clones of each other and will be travelling for the next month together.  such a blessing!!!  God is soooo good!  so far, we have been to the bridge over the river kwai, ridden elephants, climbed on waterfalls and swam in a 12 tiered fall!  we have ridden a bamboo raft down the river and stayed at a guesthouse that is on a raft on the kwai river.  we have petted TIGERS and seen monkeys and waterbuffalo and everything!  this comp isn't letting me download pics, but i'll try tomorrow.

we take the overnight train tonight to chiang mai and will have a day to bum around before starting our 3 day/2 night trek to the hilltribes of the jungle.  i won't have phone or internet then either, but i'm fine, and having adventures already! 

today we are in ayutthaya riding bikes around old ruins and trying to find a phone!!! 

thanks so much, again, for the prayers, love you all!!!

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Mom told me everything you said in your phone conversation. She was so excited to hear your voice she didn't let me say "hi", even though I was standing beside her! I'm glad you're having a great time. Sounds like you have found a soulmate in your new friend, Natalie. Take care, & keep that monkey stick ready! Love you.

  Dad Jul 4, 2007 3:04 PM

2

We are so excited for you. I am sharing this with Jessica and Lydia and we are all praying for you and your new friend, Natalie. I love the details of your new adventure and hope to see pictures soon.

We love you, Natalie. Be safe!

  Lisa Wagner Jul 5, 2007 12:23 AM

3

I'm so freaking jealous!!! I'm glad you're having a great time adventuring and that you found a new friend to share it with. Keep having a great time!!!! I LOVE YOU ROOMMATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather

  Heather Parrish Jul 5, 2007 2:56 AM

4

Oh and btw...you will be glad to know that I finally wrote a romantic song for you. So as soon as you get home you'll have to come stay with me and tell me all about your crazy adventures and I'll play it for you.

HP

  Heather Parrish Jul 5, 2007 9:08 AM

About webbnat


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.