Existing Member?

Wander + Share ✈ Wanderlust takes us to faraway places. Love brings us home.

On to Luang Prabang

LAOS | Saturday, 22 December 2012 | Views [260]

Sunset on the journey from Vientiane to Luang Prabang

Sunset on the journey from Vientiane to Luang Prabang

So I'm currently sat on a mini bus from Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang. 
 
Obviously I don't have wifi so this will not be live until we find a bed for the night and I will have to copy and paste...but its a pretty long and scenic journey so worth a write.... Plus I am excited about my blog being finally up and running even if I do have to go back and write about what I have already done the last 13 months which is a pain in the ass but hey ho... I'm excited about keeping on top of it!!
 
So this journey is pretty epic. probably the windiest, steepest and scariest road I have ever been on. Takes me back to being a child as its similar to that of one my parents drove along in Rhodes.
 
The sunset behind the mountains is pretty special and I managed to take a picture out the back to show you. Obviously I instagramed it right up!!
 
This road is full of trucks and we are spending a lot of time waiting for them to pass. Apparently there was a big accident on this road yesterday. I hope this is just a traffic jam. 
 
I'm sat next to Priya who is a breath of fresh air. She told Jodie and I of the Tailor shops in Vietnam. Apparently you can take in pictures from the Internet of clothes and even shoes you want and then chose your fabric and they make to measure. I am so excited about this. Totally getting myself something unique to wear on my first night back home :)
 
Priya also told us about the Pat Pong Night Market in Bangkok... Something we had hoped we would find in Bangkok so pretty excited to visit this on our way out of Thailand to by the Family gifts.
 
It's so nice to hear of other people stories and travel experiences. We don't have a book on Laos, Vietnam or Cambodia so are relying on the people we meet and of course my dear friend Linda for the top spots to visit.
 
It's getting dark now and we have been stopped for about 15 mins with about 100K still to go... No idea what's going on... Driver doesn't speak any English!!
 
So... We left at 15:30 and the journey was supposed to take 5 hours... We eventually arrived at about midnight... You can never rely on Asia timings!!!
 
Peace and Love
 
Zoe xxx

Tags: laos, luang prabang, mini bus, mountains, sunset, vang vieng

 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.