Existing Member?

Wander + Share ✈ Wanderlust takes us to faraway places. Love brings us home.

Alice Springs - Yalara

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 13 August 2013 | Views [597]

  • Alice Springs
  • Kings Canyon
  • Uluru (Ayresrock Rock)
  • Kata Tjuta (The Olgas)
  • Yulara (Ayresrock Rock Resort)

Day 1: We kick started the day with a camel ride at an outback camel farm which was $7... Bargain!! It was surprisingly compfy and just like being on a horse; I guess until it started to run!! All camels in Australia only have one hump. We stopped for lunch at a camel station before continuing our journey to Kings Canyon. We did the Kibgs Canyon Rim walk which was approximately 3-4 hours begining with a steep limb to the top of the canyon. The walk was over broken, rocky ground ear steep cliffs and deep crevices. A series of wooden stairs lead down to the garden of eden and then back up to the rim of the canyon. I felt awesome after that walk. We slept over night in a swag at Kings Canyon Resort under the clear desert night sky. The stars were incredible since we were so far from lights and you could see the a Milky Way. We lined up our swags around the camp fire.

Day 2: We got up early to hit the road to Uluru. We drove past Mount Conner which at first I thought was Uluru but you can see from the photos that they are some what very different. We stopped at Curtin Springs where we had a 3 hour stop over due to a road accident. We had our lunch here. Once we were able to get back on the road we continued to Yulara and set up camp at Ayresrock Rock Resort before heading to Uluru and Kata Tjuta National Park. We explored the ancient formation of Kata Tjuta on the Valley of the Winds hike and then completed the day watching sunset over Uluru. A BBQ dinner topped off a great day in the outback.

Day 3: Another early start to experience a Uluru sunrise. Afterwards we took a base walk of the iconic rock before gaining an insight into Aboriginal culture from our guide which was extremely interesting. Some of our group climbed the rock, only one made it to the top where he said he meditated and connected with the Aboriginals. However I chose to respect their wishes and not climb. After the walk we visited the Cultural Centre for an insight into the Anangu way if life before finishing the tour back in Alice Springs. I checked back into Haven and went out for dinner and drinks with some people I had met on the tour.

Peace and Love

Zoe xxx

Tags: aboriginal culture, alice springs, australia, camels, kata tjuta, kings canyon, the olgas, uluru

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.