Existing Member?

My worldwide wanderings - travel diary

Time to board my next plane already!

HONG KONG | Sunday, 14 December 2014 | Views [301]

Have loved Hong Kong. I've found it to be such a polite city - hardly any jostling or raised voices - about as zen as you could possibly get for somewhere with so many inhabitants. 

Victoria Peak and just the tram ride up itself was amazing as was the day trip to Lantau Island - so lush. I don't think my ears have ever popped so much!... On the cable car, Victoria peak tram and in the lift up to the viewing gallery on the 100th floor of the International Commerce Centre building which was really cool and futuristic feeling. It seems all the main attractions have a mall attached - there's even one next to Big Buddha and one at the top of the Peak which I wasn't expecting. And how could I not mention the food?! I know a few of you want to know if I've eaten any 'weird stuff'. The weirdest thing I ate was rice rolls - thick gelatinous sheets, similar to dim sum casings, layered with pork, rolled, steamed and served with soy - kind of like Chinese cannelloni! The weirdest drink was a hot honey tea that was thick and brown but surprisingly good. I also had my first bubble tea (passion fruit green tea with strawberry 'pearls') which was actually delicious. 


I've managed to load some pictures and individually label them so you can see what I've been up to (will also serve as a nice reminder for me as I'm already looking back and thinking 'oh yeah, so and so' haha). 

Next stop... Fiji! 

(My access to the internet will be patchy from this point on so don't worry if the next post doesn't follow for a week although I'll try to update soon.)

About wander-wonder


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.