Existing Member?

Walt's Costa Rica Adventure

Manuel Antonio National Park

COSTA RICA | Tuesday, 27 September 2016 | Views [395] | Comments [1]

A very serious monkey

A very serious monkey

9/27/16 - Manuel Antonio was a guy who objected to developers cutting off access to the jungle area just south of Quepos. So, in 1972 he worked with other locals to have it declared a National Park.  I spent about 5 hours there today, first with a guide, then swimming in the ocean and hiking the trails to ocean overlooks on my own.  It was cool to have a guide with sharp eyes and a powerful spotting scope since there were many animals that I would have just passed by such as a poisionous grasshopper and a viper that would kill you within an hour if bitten.  The viper hangs out near some really pretty flowers cause he likes to eat hummingbirds.

The main animals they are known for are monkeys and sloths.  Sloths are weird animals who move real slow and just hang around it the trees.  Every couple of days they come down to dig a hole to go to the bathroom in and then cover it up and then back up in the tree.  The monkeys don't need to come down since they like to pee on the people.  I took some pictures.

The food in Costa Rica is good as long as you like rice and beans, or you can have beans and rice.  It is called "casado" which means "married" because they are always together.  They are eaten breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

Comments

1

Hey, it's great to follow your trip on the internet. Your travails getting there sound the opposite of tranquil. Glad you made it. Looks like quite an adventure. We will look for your posts.

We are still on our trip to England and having a great time. Fish and chips, not beans and rice.

  Sharyn and Bill Sep 29, 2016 6:27 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.