Existing Member?

Journey of One

Leaving India, and Beyond.....

USA | Saturday, 5 May 2012 | Views [581]

While in Rishikesh, I had to make some decisions about the next part of my journey as my India visa was due to expire in about 9 days (I acquired the visa in November before I left the U.S.) I had originally planned to fly to Nepal, then on to Turkey and make my way through Europe. I anguished over this a bit, because I want to see everything and love to travel, but I need some time out after India. I have seen so many monuments, temples, historical sites, and it's been incredible but I don't feel like I have the energy or desire to travel through Europe at the peak of the tourist season. I also don't want to deplete my finances.

So I changed my course -I'm returning to the States to take advantage of the relative freedom that I'm enjoying at this point in my life. I have a strong desire to keep going, but this time I'm going to be doing a lot of retreats, spending time in nature, and exploring some places in the U.S., then I'm considering continuing on to South or Central America, but this time I'd like to go as a volunteer. I'll be looking into different opportunities and possibilities and will post my onward journey here as it takes shape.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.