Existing Member?

My Kind of Adventure - Walkie Talkie Malawi

My Scholarship entry - My Kind of Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [564] | Scholarship Entry

Malawi is affectionately known as the 'The Warm Heart of Africa'. It's super friendly and optimistic against all odds, Malawians inspired me to return with Sofia on a mission to produce a travel pilot showcasing the best of Malawi and it's people.

I have shot a music video and about 30 minutes of documentary travel films while on holiday in Malawi and South America. My experience lies in animation and post-production, I'm a relative newby to video production. I have a Canon 7D and Zoom audio recorder, which I take most opportunities that I get to go on HD voyages of video-making discovery. I think travel filmmaking is 2nd best to being a rockstar, I have no music talent so this is my first prize career.

My ambition is to become a well travelled presenter/filmmaker, speaking many languages and having a deep understanding of local issues, customs and cultures. The scholarship would be an opportunity of a lifetime to shoot inspiring, well-presented and produced documentaries. With all the lessons learnt from the Malawi pilot, I think Brazil would be ideal grounds for us to hone our skills and produce engaging polished videos within the mentorship program.

Tags: travel film scholarship 2012

About walkietalkietv


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.