Existing Member?

World Wandering with the Walkers

Patong, Phuket

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 17 May 2017 | Views [442]

Sunday 14th May

Arrived at our hotel late afternoon. Receptionist is an Australian man that comes across as quite grumpy, but nice enough. Its really nice to have a proper big bed, away from mosquito's and rats and have some privacy. We went for dinner at a restaurant called Break Point that Dan found on trip advisor. Dan had noodle soup and I had sweet and sour pork. It was really great as they had put a similar amount of garlic in to what I do in my own cooking! We decided to have pudding too as hadn't eaten much else that day. We had fried banana with ice cream and honey and it was delicious.

 

Monday 15th May

Had a really last day as had a proper room and bed for the first time in weeks and just wanted to lie down and cuddle all day and watch the film channel! It makes a nice change from being in bunk beds and the place with the 'no cuddling' rule!

 

Tuesday 16th May

 

Wednesday 17th May

Went to Jungceylon shopping centre again. We went to the bakery in the supermarket and got a French baguette- something Dan had really been missing. It was the value day at the cinema and Dan likes the Alien films so we decided to see Alien Covenant. Went back to the hotel to put warmer clothes on as the air con is always icy in cinemas. It followed on from Promethius, which was handy as that's the only other Alien film I've watched properly (although I didn't think it was very good and had a nap part way through)! Alien Covenant was actually quite good.

 

We went to the night market again for dinner. We had veg spring rolls, hot basil chicken with rice and omelette, BBQ squid, BBQ chicken&veg kebab and coconut ice cream. We shared each dish so we could get lots of flavours.

About walkersgowandering

Agra 2015

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.