Existing Member?

World Wandering with the Walkers

Chiang Rai

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 2 May 2017 | Views [375]

Sunday 30th April

Arrived in Chiang Rai mid afternoon after a 3 hour bus journey from Chiang Mai. During the journey a policeman again got on and checked the bus, looking for soneone. Our hostel, Mercy Hostel, was only a short walk away from the city bus station. We arrived, relaxed for a bit and did the laundry. We went out for dinner to Barrab as it was cheap and top rated on trip advisor. It was brilliant food, with lots of fruit/veg which we had been much in need of. It was one of the best meals we've had on Thailand. We had 3 vegetarian dishes: a local curry, a stir fry and a papaya salad and we also had a local pork curry. We ordered them all small so we could share. The stir fry had a really interesting mushroom in it that had a texture like seaweed. On the way back we had a quick look for the market but didn't find it.

 

Monday 1st May

Chilled in the morning. Went to look around the city temples in the afternoon. They were very pretty and had lots of orchids outside.

About walkersgowandering

Agra 2015

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.