Existing Member?

Where I Wear My Moccasins Juggling the commitments of a student and dreams of a traveller.

Registration

NEW ZEALAND | Friday, 22 February 2008 | Views [593]

The library on campus. Lincoln University.

The library on campus. Lincoln University.

Well, I am now an official student at Lincoln Uni!  My classes are Viticulture, Maori Studies, NZ history since 1945, and a GIS class.  Lectures start on Monday.  Aside from that, I am loving the summer weather and island life.  There are no snakes and no natural predators in NZ, so many of the kiwis go barefoot in the countryside.  By the way, this is the smallest town I have ever been in!  Lincoln Village is an astounding two blocks long and is a 10 minute walk from campus.  There is a small pub/cafe on campus called Mrs. O's.  There have been a couple parties there the past few nights.  I sampled sauvignon blanc but was a little put off when they served it in a plastic cup.  Can't wait to try other wines, especially some ice wines.  Since it is such a small community, pubbing every night is the thing to do.  I went to the Famous Grouse (in Lincoln)the second night I arrived-not too bad, met a lot of people.  I also can't wait to try fresh fishnchips and sushi.  I'm quite excited to be so close to the ocean again.  Until next time. 

Tags: culture

About walkamile

At the Strater Hotel in Durango, CO where a scene of

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.