Existing Member?

If a blonde keeps going in one direction- will she eventually find her way back home???

Surfers Paradise- a very good reason to wear brown pants

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 10 June 2010 | Views [256]

Got to Surfers, discovered hostel had a hot tub/ Jacuzzi. Many hours later went down to the beach to partake in the wonderful Surfers tradition of sun chasing, i.e. as the sun disappears behind the many high rise buildings- everyone on the beach grabs their belongings and race to the next sunny spot. Crap for getting a tan but bloody good fun otherwise. Went out for a drink with Beki, Fran and Claire that night to sample the famous nightlife, it was pretty nonexistent but we did get to see a good band.

 The next day went with Lou, Nicole and Sarah to Dreamworld and Whitewater World. Got dragged on The Giant Drop- free falling ride from 120 metres above ground level, but then found Wiggles World (far more my cup of tea)- the quality of the rides was awesome though. My heart got a chance to slow down as we watched the amazing Bengal Tiger show (no camera battery left) then was dragged by Lou (crazed adrenaline junkie posing as nice quiet backpacker) to Whitewater World and happily spent the afternoon getting soaked on the various water slides and screaming myself hoarse- EVERY member of staff at that place knew when it was me coming down the rides!

 Got home with both my brain and stomach yelling 'What did you do today??' and curled up in bed at 7pm like the heardcore person I am.

 

Tags: dream world, surfers paradise, whitewater world

About vixietrixie


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.