Existing Member?

If a blonde keeps going in one direction- will she eventually find her way back home???

too little sleep and too many kilos in my rucksack

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 29 May 2010 | Views [224]

Finally did the unthinkable and actually left Coogee, but the beach made me feel so guilty that i agreed to come straight back again after this trip (you wily old fox Coogee). After dragging my 4 ridiculously heavy pieces of luggage through the pouring rain and thousands of state of the nation fans got to the city centre and immediately reassured myself that the extra weight was not to do with any stray kindergartens hiding out in there- with my job that would be a distinct possibility!

Set of at stupid o'clock the next morning on the OZ Experience bus (ironically called Matilda which makes me wonder if the brakes will cut out on any left turns) with our driver Coaster. Played 'Window Bingo' '1 minute of honesty' and stopped off at the 'Big Banana'- stupidly happy that i could run through it! Got to Spot X surf camp and played drinking games around the campfire and got into a rather heated drunken debate about whether Kelly Slater is a woman (i am still determined i'm right here).

Got up ridiculously early again for Surf lesson, am deeply concerned about how much i look like a seal in a wesuit- don't care about appearances, just don't want to make myslef any more tempting to any stray great whites in the area. As expected I was shit- but the day was greatly improved by the utter hotness of my surf instructor- who kept on getting onto the board to show me what i was meant to be doing- didn't pay that much attention- kept getting distracted by the sight of him in his wetsuit, as another girl from the trip said 'his ass came fresh from the bakery!'

Lots of fun and some amazingly good food later, got back on 'tut bus and headed up to Byron Bay. Staying at the Arts Factory lodge which is awesome and hippyish- really really makes me miss Berri :(((( Headed down with the rest of the bus to the infamous 'Cheeky Monkeys' bar for cheap food and table top dancing. Stupidly entered a competition that involed eating dry weetbix (i don't recommend it- it's rank) and made the most of my skills taking off my bra under my tshirt to help out with the scavenger hunt. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Tags: surfing cheeky monkeys

 

About vixietrixie


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.