Existing Member?

Me and the Lions!! He who wrestles with a gorilla will find his back dusty. - Jude Ezedike

One more day in Antelope Park

IRELAND | Wednesday, 6 August 2008 | Views [598]

I am flying out of Zimbabwe on Friday and unfortunately my transfer leaves Antelope Park on Thursday so I overnight in Bulawayo. Only one more full day here so I ahve only 3 more walks with the lions. I have been really lucky with my timing as the 2 older sets of cubs will be retired from walking next week so there will only be the babies and one set of walking cubs at the park for a while which won't be as exciting!

Only heard tonight that I am leaving on thursday instead of Friday so am still a bit shocked and trying to get used to it and I also have a lot to do tomorrow ... all the jobs i was leaving until tomorrow and Thursday now have to be done tonight and tomorrow !

It has been such a great week,the lions have been great and I am finally a bit of use with them now!Yesterday mornign I was due a morning off but got woken at 6.20 to help Ticha one of hte lion handlers with a client walk because the other handlers were busy! I was delighted! Apart from the lion walks we have been really busy with cub sitting,painting fences, celaring enclosures of disgusting old bones .. I have photos!! and feeding the lions. We are also taking them for lots of long walks and today one of them nearly caught a wildebeest!!Fingers crossed there are a few good hunts on tomorrow's walk!

I could go into so much detail on each of the lions and every walk but won't bore wyou with the details!Have to go and sort out my stuff and think about packing and have started my goodbyes, i am dreading Thursday morning because when you leave people wave you off and there are ususally tears!!


Hope everyone is well, I will be in touch from Rwanda!! xxx

About vickymeredith


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.