Existing Member?

On the Loose in South America

Shopping wallet free

ARGENTINA | Tuesday, 14 November 2006 | Views [721] | Comments [2]

Hello all!

So I am still relishing life in beautiful Buenos Aires, despite the fact I had my wallet stolen this morning!  Flee and I stopped off for a morning coffee, I paid the bill, returned my wallet to my bag, and half an hour later it had vanished.  It seems the pocket pinchers of Buenos Aires are indead very practised at their profession!  Never mind, thankfully I did not have a lot of money in there, and once I had cancelled credit cards, the situation was basically dealt with.

I did then consider spending the afternoon sulking at the hostel, but figured there was no point in punishing myself......So, I went on a shopping spree!

In my opinion, the clothes-shopping potential of Buenos Aires is unmatched worldwide.  Shopping here is practically a national sport (One I partook in and enjoyed, even though I traditionally dislike shopping!).  The boutiques are typically located in beautiful tree-lined streets (although there are also shopping malls), and the clothes are stylish, good quality and most importantly, REALLY cheap! 

However, I may have negated the cheap aspect by overbuying! In truth, I dont think I typically buy in a year the number of clothes I purchased today! However, given my normal aversion to shopping, and the fact I could not afford the clothes in pricey England, it was high-time for a new wardrobe (as my sister will agree!).  More surprisingly, due to my love of a bargain, and the beautiful setting, I actually really enjoyed my shopping day!  Maybe I am a convert, and will now WANT to join the masses in Melbourne scouring the clothing shops for designer bargains during the January sales......!

So, the score at the end of the day was:

Minus one wallet; 

Plus a suitcase-worth of new clothes! 

I think my closets will require a spring-clean when I get home!

To avoid returning to the shops tomorrow, I am planning a day of sightseeing - Will let you know what wonders I discover!

Tags: Shopping

Comments

1

Go girl - time to enjoy shopping after being careful with essentials only in the pack....I will expect to see you at the airport in 6 layers (or to recieve another freight box!!)lots of love, Mum xox

  Sue O Nov 19, 2006 11:18 AM

2

You did not tell me about the retail therapy on the phone! What about a career as a consulting retail therapist? Love from your old man.

  Geoffo Nov 19, 2006 11:32 AM

About vegemite_vagabond


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.