Existing Member?

Sue's work travels A short journal of my work trips. A way to easily keep the family and friends updated back home and to share some of the things I experience. Enjoy, Sue :)

Indocéane Experience

HONG KONG | Tuesday, 22 May 2007 | Views [711]

OK - so being here for 2 weeks, I decided to indulge in a treatment in the Chuan Spa (part of the hotel).  Last night at 8pm, I wandered up to the reception area (Level 41) to begin th 2 hour process.

Oh what a wonderful experience! To start with, they give me my locker key and tell me to put on the gown, slippers and those silly paper knickers they provide!  So holding together the small size gown around my larger than small size body, I shuffle down to the treatment area.

This very petite Asian lady called Sharon swiftly guided me into the rooms I was to occupy for the next 2 hours. She spoke of what was to happen and we began.....

Here is what I had:

  • a sweet and savoury bodyscrub - this was fab. Very similar method to application back home, except they seem to trickle water over you to mix with the scrub. Felt amazing.
  • a milk bath - beautiful room with the bath in. The water felt so very soft. I was amazingly far whiter than I already am when I stepped out of the bath though! So here, I had a quick shower.
  • a two step massage incorporating a Qi-Balm vitalisation massage and an Indocéane oil massage employing the Indian smoothing, oriental kneading and Japanese percussion techniques. I have this funny little knot on my spine that when massaged tickles, then as they work on it more, REALLY hurts. I always end up asking for them to leave it alone. But not last night - she performed some traditional techniques down my spine and the knot was gone!! Truely amazing.  Needless to say, the massage was wonderful. They used a warm oil which felt incredibly extravagent against my skin.

So the night ended with me in the relaxation room, being served tea whilst I surveyed the view from the 41st Floor. My skin felt delightful and my mind at peace.

So this is what one needs to do from time to time when the stress of business travel gets too great. A highly recommended activity.

Tags: Relaxation

About vectragizmo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.