Existing Member?

Sue's work travels A short journal of my work trips. A way to easily keep the family and friends updated back home and to share some of the things I experience. Enjoy, Sue :)

Being sick away from home

SINGAPORE | Monday, 18 June 2007 | Views [518]

OK - so I started to feel like I was coming down with a cold on the Saturday I was to move hotels.  Nothing unusual, when you travel around you often catch little bugs.  By Saturday afternoon, I was feeling very lethargic and after forcing myself to wander down Orchard Road, came back to my room and layed down.

I awoke many hours later bathed in sweat. So without boring people with all the details, I basically ended up with probably one of THE worst flu's I have ever experienced. I had the fever, cough, running nose, aches etc....all away from home :(

I couldn't even stay upright, needed the safety of my bed. I slept or layed there with my eyes shut for so many hours for the ENTIRE week :(

I caught up with Karyn & Ros on one night for a bite to eat downstairs which took all my energy and left me very limp by the time I returned.

I became bored to tears with the room service menu, but had no desire to ask people to bring me something else, as I had no idea what I even wanted.

I had a dinner out with the girls in a nice restaurant on the Thursday night. By this time I was at least able to speak with them and drugged myself up to be out and about! It was the longest plane ride home on Friday night, but have never been so happy to see the Melbourne airport.

So one work trip I will never forget, nor wish upon anyone!

Tags: Doctors, hospitals & health

About vectragizmo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.