Existing Member?

Roadtrip Australia: Van-Tastic NSW - KIRSTY AND CARLY Kirsty and Carly embark on the ultimate Aussie roadtrip as they motor around New South Wales with Van-Tastic Adventures for six action-packed, free-wheeling weeks of adventure.

MORE SYDNEY (THE END!)

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 7 November 2009 | Views [1147]

It's the end of our trip!  Nooooooo!!!

Nah it's cool.  We're ok, really.  We got to finish with a BANG

Skydiving was insane!  The feeling was absolutely incredible!!  You have to do it if you haven't already.  Or maybe even if you have - do it again.  Kirsty thought it would just be something she would do once, but as soon as she jumped out of the plane she wanted more of it.  
We went with 'Skydive the Beach Sydney.'  They picked us up from outside our hostel and took us to a lovely spot right next the beach in Wollongong.  We had a perfect day for it with a beautiful clear blue sky.  
So here's what happened: we got harnessed up, went 14000 ft in the air (approx 4.2 kms) in a plane, got attached to some random guys who had total responsibility for our lives, and then we plummeted towards the earth at around 200kms an hour!!  W-O-W!!!  We free-fell for about a minute and then fell further towards the earth for another few minutes after the parachutes came out.  It was pure awesomeness!
 
I got rather scared just before we jumped out.  Apparently my face went totally white and I was screaming even before I was near the door of the plane (Kirsty though she was cool because she apparently was not scared at all the whole time).  As I fell out, I sort of got this feeling like 'humans aren't supposed to be doing this' or something like that, but then I got used to the crazy feeling of it.  To describe the free-falling, I would say "Oh my frickin gosh" + "Insane".  And to describe the parachuting bit I would say "Whooaa" + "It feels like you're flying!"  
A couple of days later we climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge (with BridgeClimb).  It was spectacular!  We did a night climb so we got to climb up as the sun was setting and got to see all the beautiful lights of the Sydney skyline when we reached the top.  We got to wear these cool suits that made us look like we were Ghostbusters and we were harnessed to a cable that prevented us from falling off (which was handy as we did not have parachutes with us this time).  We had photos taken of us at the top with the Opera House and the city skyline in the background.  It was a really special experience to climb such an amazing icon!

Well, this is the last blog from us so thanks for playing.
Keep an eye out for our main video with awesome highlights of our whole 6 week adventure. It should be up around the end of the month.

Peace.

Carly.

Tags: bridge climb, bridgeclimb, nsw, roadtrip australia, skydive the beach, skydiving, sydney, sydney harbour bridge, van-tastic, wollongong

About vantasticnsw


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.