Existing Member?

A World of Rambling Tales A collection of thoughts, sights, experiences and ideas generated through the ongoing traveling extravaganza of my life and times.

Sharon ... Do you have your emergency Pierre travel kit?

CANADA | Friday, 21 March 2008 | Views [972]

Aura SPA Resort, Cozumel... Living on both laps of luxury

Aura SPA Resort, Cozumel... Living on both laps of luxury

So we are definitely late submitting this story of the 21st. As the "Van Neste" Clan is often taken up in the "Adventure" of things, this trip is of course no different. Sharon has begun to get wise to the fact that leaving the hotel for a quick jaunt in the Mexican countryside, does not necessarily mean that we'll be back to pack the essentials when the inevitable happens.

Similar to her attention getting overwhelmed by "littel shiny things" a "Van Neste" will often loose continuity by getting drawn and quartered into the adventure without necessarily thinking that make up or shampoo or even a change of clothes could really matter all that much.

We left the Blue Bay resort this morning to head over to playa and grab the ferry to Cozumel for the day. As things developed we undertook a Cenote Dive on the way and caught the 1:30PM ferry to Cozumel which is only 22 mexican minutes away from Playa Del Carmen (that's 1.5 hours in Canadian Time LOL). We got to Cozumel and headed over to Senor Sanchez Beach Club down the coast line.

As the afternoon quickly decimated the time left in Cozumel, we reached out to a new resort called Wyndham Aura SPA resort on the Wyndham bay of Cozumel and decided to do just like the commercial of two survivors from a deserted island that land in a top notch resort and go from rags to pampering in one fell swoop.

A most wonderful experience. We were treated extremely well and eventhough the make up was difficult to produce from scratch, the ability Sharon has to turn a Sarong into a wonderful evening dress came as a life saver for the evening dinner.

We've included some great shots of the hotel. It's only been opened for 2 months and has absolutely wonderful ameneities. All rooms are suites, most ocean view, great all inclusive deal and amazing cuisine.

Cozumel, the dive center of Mexico certainly has improved in ameneities and resort style offerings.

We are glad to have spent the night and it gave us time to enjoy an extended stay in Cozumel.

About van_neste


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.