Existing Member?

vagabonds3 "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness." Mark Twain

Hooray For Hollywood

USA | Monday, 8 July 2019 | Views [190]

Walt Disney Concert Hall, Los Angeles

Walt Disney Concert Hall, Los Angeles

HOLLYWOOD BECKONED AND WE COULDN’T RESIST — even though I admit I didn’t know half of the starred names on the Walk of Fame.  But first we had to stop at the Frank Gehry designed Walt Disney Concert Hall.  Gehry, you may recall — or maybe you don't — is the architect who designed the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, Spain.  In my opinion he outdid himself in LA.  The curves, the open space, the reflections all combine to make a venue that old Walt would just love.

bb     bb

  A Galaxy of Stars                            O, Captain My Captain

I was hesitant to ask how to get to Hollywood — "hire a good agent" and "sleep with the producer" were answers I would expect — so we just descended into the metro and took advantage of the 35¢ senior fares.  Less than a dozen stops later and, voilá, we were on Hollywood Boulevard amid a galaxy of stars.  There are 5 categories; film, tv, recording, radio and theater/live performance.  Bob Hope has 4 stars and Gene Autry is the only five-star recipient.  Several recipients are non-human like Bugs Bunny, Godzilla and Kermit the Frog and three are dogs.  Since they obviously didn’t sleep with the producer, they must have had exceptional agents.

bb

   A LA Landmark

The Hollywood Theater and Grauman’s Chinese are still big attractions despite new ownership.  The famous hand- and foot-prints at Grauman’s Chinese Theater, though a bit weather-worn, are still worth a look.

nn    bb

  Paul and Joanne                             Roy Rogers...And Trigger, too

 

 

 

About vagabonds3

John and Connie, Sheikh Zayad Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.